King Mo On Zuffa Zombie Mentality

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Mo On Zuffa Zombie Mentality

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news...de-of-UFC.html

"If some of this stuff happened in the UFC, the fans would give it more praise for sure. If Overeem did some of the things he's doing in the UFC, he would be considered the next God. The fact of the matter is a lot of these fans aren't familiar with what's going on in Japan, and then they try to call Strikeforce 'Strikefarce' because they hear Dana White call it that. Dana White has his own opinion or whatever, but fight fans need to have their own opinion and their own way of thinking, but we know that's asking a lot."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/1/11...eturns-in-2011

"Mousasi was like my sixth or seventh fight. In the fight I tried trading with him but he was covering up from my strikes so I took his ass down. Now they say he is overrated. Simply put if he was in the UFC and I was in the UFC and that fight happened we wouldn't get that flack and we would've been all good. Some people are just groupies and they are idiots who are quick to say that someone is overrated just because they don't know **** about MMA. They may know certain things about the sport but they don't know **** about MMA. I had an argument with some dude on Twitter because he was trying to say that Fedor is overrated. I asked him how Fedor was overrated and he answered with "yeah man...he beat Arlovski who doesn't have a chin and Cro Cop whose washed up. He beat Nogueira who is washed up too." I'm like what the hell? If Fedor is overrated then what do you consider Cain Velasquez, Brock Lesnar or Frank Mir? Fedor was beating the guys who they are beating way before those guys got the chance to fight them. People love to jump on and say people are overrated when they lose. When that happens they say "ah he's no good" or "he's overrated". People don't understand that MMA is not a sprint..it's a calculated marathon. Chuck Liddell shouldn't have lost to Jeremy Horn and the next thing you know Chuck is one of the best 205 lb. fighters to ever compete in the MMA game. So what does that say about him? If that fight would have happened now people would have said Chuck was overrated. Or that he sucks and he's no good. You can't base somebody's career off a few losses. A career is judged by the overall outlook and total performance."

where are these zuffa zombies ? im sure they are made up.

i havent spoken with one person who repeated everything dana says, verbatim. and i was on sherdog for quite awhile. sometimes they agree with him, sometimes they dont.

i dont see what the big fuss is about, so alot of MMA fans are new and didnt even know it existed before the UFC became popular. is that such a big deal ? and last time i checked, everyone was entitled to their opinion, whether its flawed or not.

ive seen MMA fighters make far more ******ed comments than the average casual MMA fan yet thats perfectly acceptable even if their opinion is just as flawed ? no, people just say they think what he said was stupid.

I just think people need to stop trying to put people in brackets to validate their own opinions. too many people see a bloodstain lane video and are like "word, everything he said is the truth"....when most of the time its his own biased opinion. the guy is a total ****wit but cause he speaks against the UFC its swallowed whole, like everything he says is gospel.

ofc some of what he says seems to be spot on. but its an opinion shared.

Comment

Originally posted by snakerattle79 View Post
      People love to jump on and say people are overrated when they lose. When that happens they say "ah he's no good" or "he's overrated". People don't understand that MMA is not a sprint..it's a calculated marathon. Chuck Liddell shouldn't have lost to Jeremy Horn and the next thing you know Chuck is one of the best 205 lb. fighters to ever compete in the MMA game. So what does that say about him? If that fight would have happened now people would have said Chuck was overrated. Or that he sucks and he's no good. You can't base somebody's career off a few losses. A career is judged by the overall outlook and total performance."
      This applies to posters on NSB as well.

A lot of posters on NSB write fighters off after one lost or bad performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1gger View Post
        where are these zuffa zombies ? im sure they are made up.

i havent spoken with one person who repeated everything dana says, verbatim. and i was on sherdog for quite awhile. sometimes they agree with him, sometimes they dont.

i dont see what the big fuss is about, so alot of MMA fans are new and didnt even know it existed before the UFC became popular. is that such a big deal ? and last time i checked, everyone was entitled to their opinion, whether its flawed or not.

ive seen MMA fighters make far more ******ed comments than the average casual MMA fan yet thats perfectly acceptable even if their opinion is just as flawed ? no, people just say they think what he said was stupid.

I just think people need to stop trying to put people in brackets to validate their own opinions. too many people see a bloodstain lane video and are like "word, everything he said is the truth"....when most of the time its his own biased opinion. the guy is a total ****wit but cause he speaks against the UFC its swallowed whole, like everything he says is gospel.

ofc some of what he says seems to be spot on. but its an opinion shared.
        Yeah, I agree with a lot of that. But there really are Zuffa Zombies out there, even though I hate that term. I've spoken to many fans who don't know, but most importantly don't care about anything outside of the UFC. A fan could disagree with Dana White, but they can still be considered a "Zuffa Zombie" for lack of a better term.

A lot of UFC critics are just as bad.

And the thing that really bugs is when people share opinions that are uneducated or just ignorant.

I'll have respect for anyone's opinion even if it differs from mine, as long as they can back it up with facts.

When people say things like Fedor is overrated, of course I don't agree with that opinion, but if they know about him and have actually seen his fights and not just look him up on Fight Finder, I can see where someone is coming from even though my opinion is that they're totally wrong.

But when people think Fedor is overrated because he just lost and he's not in the UFC or if they never seen any of his Pride fights, those are views that I would generally disregard.

I'm a GSP fan, but I do share the opinion with other posters that he is not very exciting, but when someone says GSP just flat out sucks, that's an opinion I can never take seriously.

Comment

King Mo has always been overrated, him losing to Feijao just validated it.

Comment

Working...
          X