Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is #2 Too High a Spot for Calzaghe on the P4P List?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! $iN View Post
    Honestly, I don't see how someone with such a ****ty resume can be so high pound for pound. He's ducked every top fighter around his division in their prime. He's never beaten an elite fighter in his prime. All of his wins are against fighters who were green or fighters that were washed up. Should Calzaghe really be called the second best fighter in the world?
    Ask The Ring Magazine, KO Magazine, ESPN, *********, even boxingscene has him at #2. Why does that bother you so much. You don't like him tough. I didn't like FMJ, But he was obviously #1. A great majority of boxing fans with real boxing knowledge have Joe at #2. Plaina nd simple.

Comment

Calzaghe deserves the #2 spot for now his undefeated and reigning 2 division champ and has wins over a 2 HOFers..

Comment

Originally posted by !! $iN View Post
        Juan Manuel Marquez
        Israel Vazquez
        Antonio Margarito
        Kelly Pavlik

I will take all these guys best wins over anything Calzaghe has done in his entire career...
        Kelly Pavlik.....lol

Comment

The only reason I have a glimpse of respect for Calzaghe is that he has been undefeated for so long. To be honest, one has to respect the lone fact of how insane one must be to make a living boxing. Taking hits after hits after hits and still be up for doing it for how ever long the boxer fights for. So any boxer would get some respect for that alone. But the truth of the matter is, who has Calzghe beat? Other than BHop or Kessler, which he could have easily lost either fight, what is the list of good or decent fighters he has beat. Plus that "slap happy" style of his does not make him great. Top 10 in my book but mos def not #2 P4P.

Comment

Originally posted by wayomayo View Post
            The only reason I have a glimpse of respect for Calzaghe is that he has been undefeated for so long. To be honest, one has to respect the lone fact of how insane one must be to make a living boxing. Taking hits after hits after hits and still be up for doing it for how ever long the boxer fights for. So any boxer would get some respect for that alone. But the truth of the matter is, who has Calzghe beat? Other than BHop or Kessler, which he could have easily lost either fight, what is the list of good or decent fighters he has beat. Plus that "slap happy" style of his does not make him great. Top 10 in my book but mos def not #2 P4P.
            Jeff Lacy was destined for greatness, Or atleast i thought so, Chris Eubank is a HOF, Omar Sheika was a good fighter, as well as Mitchell and Brewer. Bika is not bad. I won't put Manfredo on the list though. Kessler and B-hop were his best wins for sure.

Comment

Judging from his last performance, yeah.

Comment

Calzaghe deserves the number 2 spot.

Comment

I see Sin still crying over Calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
                    JMM, coming off a loss. One big win over an old Barrera. No dice.
                    Vazquez, good resume, but split a trilogy with an undersized bantamweight. Not sure that outweighs Kessler and Hopkins.
                    Margarito, I mean, really... are you ****ing kidding me? Loss to Williams fairly recently, and KO'ing Cotto. Congrats, that is one good win to stack up against fairly recent losses against Williams and Santos. I'll take Joey Cal over him.
                    Pavlik, . Seriously? Taylor and Taylor... you mean that guy who has had like a million controversial decisions and has not looked good once on the top level of the sport? You must be joking.

I don't even ****ing like Joe Calzaghe, and his fans make me borderline hate him, but... really, I don't think there is anyone else in boxing that can make an argument that he is anything other than #2. The idiots who say he is #1 over Pacquiao are even worse than the people who say he is lower than #3.
                    Calzaghe hardly won his last fight, his last fight was his best oponent and he was 43 years old and sowing signs of being WASHED up as the thread indicates.

Calzaghe has a garbage resume thats hyped up by the "0", typical of UK fighters. Getting their rocks off at a "0".

I would bet that Marg at 168 could even rough him up just like he does to Mora (another overated "0" fighter).

Comment

!! $iN is a just an obsessive creep who hates all British fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X