No announcement yet.

Victor Ortiz boxing ability

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victor Ortiz boxing ability

I was surprised that he took away Berto's straight right. If he only fought in that passive aggressive style throughout his career. Most of his hate comes from fans that see his potential and want him to do good, but he can't dig deep enough to want to do good for himself. What a waste of talent. I think he'll be remembered as the biggest waste of talent in the sport.

Memo, your brother is a puzzy. A disgrace to us folks from Kansas! He is banned from coming back. We don't want him here.

Comment

Ortiz does have skills but he's just not mentally there.

Comment

he could pernell, robinson, mayweather, duran all in one and he'll still find a way to quit on himself.

Comment

Ortiz looks like the kind of guy that has all the gifts to be the best, but not the desire nor the heart to do it.

Comment

Dude sucks. Ortiz should never fight again, it's ovah!

Comment

the dude looks the part but he's got no heart left

Comment

It's a shame. When he came back against Collazo I wanted him to win. I felt like he had had some bad luck with the broken jaw in the Lopez fight, and the surprise knockout in the Mayweather fight. Felt like people made too much of him "quitting" in the Maidana fight. But unfortunately that night he proved that that wasn't just one incident; he just folds instantly now the minute he faces any adversity. His fighting spirit is shattered, and he needs to retire. I do like him, and think he has the ability to succeed, so it's really unfortunate.

Comment

Ortiz doesn't get criticism because he doesn't fulfill his talent. He gets criticism, because he doesn't dig deep, and figt til the bitter end like the past Mexican greats.

He gets criticised for being a "white washed" Mexican American, and that shows through his fights.

Comment

He is a hard, fast puncher but he never had much defense and he never took a punch very well. He would have done better with more will power and determination but even then I don't think would have become anything that special. If he had a true fighter's mind set and heart he would still be a Berto level fighter. His weak chin and poor defense would hold him back. I think Berto finished him for good. He may continue to box but his days as a main event fighter are over. Berto will probably get a title shot and probably come up a little short of winning but he will do his best as always.

Comment

Working...
                    X