Collapse
No announcement yet.

More impressive win? Cotto or Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto beating Sergio is more impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
      more impressive if cotto wins hands down. he is the only one taking a real challenge, as hes always done throughout his entire career.

martinez went so long looking for big fights, complaining the big names didnt take risks and didnt give him a chance. once he got on top he became worse than anyone else of his era, picking on second rate MWs and smaller guys coming up. cotto is past his prime, small at 154 let alone 160 and his punch resistance isnt the same anymore.

martinez knows this and thats why he wants this fight. ggg, geale, murray, sturm, stevens and quillen all beat him, most of them by KO and he isnt willing to take those risks. tbh i don even think he is willing to fight a quality, well sized 154lber. dude wants the welterweights, nothing impressive about that. we arent talking about welterweights who want to come up either, who called him out or fought someone else at 160. hes calling out guys who never said anything about him or fighting at MW before. we arent even talking about solid welterweights for the most part. martinez has become a disgrace to the title.
      I'm with ya. He's just a name I want GGG to have on his resume as a formality. He's got nothing left and I think most of the names you mentioned beat him. That being said, Sergio at 50% KOs Cotto

Comment

Cotto is the underdog so he would get more credit for a win

Comment

Cotto will have some added pressure with the fight being on the Eve of the Puerto Rican day parade weekend!

Comment

If Cotto beats Martinez that's huge, no matter the shape that Sergio turns up in!! I just don't see it happening tho

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
              Cotto will have some added pressure with the fight being on the Eve of the Puerto Rican day parade weekend!

With all the big fights Cotto has had, i don't think the big stage will be a factor. He's used to the big lights and that kind of pressure. Plus, he's right at home in the Garden. Just my :2 cents:

I can't pick a winner in this fight, but i think Cotto gets more kudos for a win over Sergio.

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
                If Martinez beats Cotto, I think most would say, " so what he beat an over the hill little guy on the down side of his career"...IMO.

But if Cotto wins, he beat a middle weight( a bigger guy) that most, even the hard core fans believe to be one of the best P4P.
                Agree? Or Disagree?.....either way I believe it will be competitive...which win to you is more impressive?
                In my opinion Cotto beating Martinez would be more impressive. Considering that most think even a 70% Martinez would destroy Cotto.

Comment

A win for Martinez means absolutely nothing. Cotto is a blown up WW who looked pretty average against Trout. A big win for Martinez would be beating Golovkin.

A win for Cotto would mean a title in a fourth division. A win over the top guy in the division. It would be the biggest win of his career and probably make him a top 5 fighter of this era.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    the last version of Martinez was so bad that i thought today's Cotto could beat him, which would still give him props because Sergio is the bigger guy

now, when they fight, if Sergio looks like the Sergio of old and Cotto STILL beats him, i would put it as his greatest accomplishment
                    This is how I view the fight also. I'm a big fan of both but rooting for Cotto for history, but the possibility of Miguel getting crushed is high also.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                      more impressive if cotto wins hands down. he is the only one taking a real challenge, as hes always done throughout his entire career.

martinez went so long looking for big fights, complaining the big names didnt take risks and didnt give him a chance. once he got on top he became worse than anyone else of his era, picking on second rate MWs and smaller guys coming up. cotto is past his prime, small at 154 let alone 160 and his punch resistance isnt the same anymore.

martinez knows this and thats why he wants this fight. ggg, geale, murray, sturm, stevens and quillen all beat him, most of them by KO and he isnt willing to take those risks. tbh i don even think he is willing to fight a quality, well sized 154lber. dude wants the welterweights, nothing impressive about that. we arent talking about welterweights who want to come up either, who called him out or fought someone else at 160. hes calling out guys who never said anything about him or fighting at MW before. we arent even talking about solid welterweights for the most part. martinez has become a disgrace to the title.
                      I feel the same I enjoyed watching him but when he started calling out welterweights I lost interest

Comment

Working...
                      X