Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Haye vs. Jovo Pudar in the works?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Haye vs. Jovo Pudar in the works?

David Haye will make an announcement on Thursday about his return.

There are reports that Haye will be back in June, and that age 41 journeyman Jovo Pudar, who lost to Sam Peter about ten years ago, may be Haye's opponent.

http://www.boxingbet.pl/artykul-2799...h-rywali-hayea

Pudar is inexplicably ranked by the WBA at #6, but isn't really a top 50 heavyweight. The IBO's computer ranks him at #68, which is about right.

http://www.iboboxing.com/rankings/heavy.html
    Last edited by The Hammer; 03-27-2013, 09:36 AM.

Where are these rumours? Poor fight if it is made

Pianeta v Pudar is a better more meaningful fight, practically a toss up. I hope Haye stops taking pages from the Klitschko book and fights Povetkin, or another top contender.

If the WBA have told Haye they'd enforce mandatory to either Povetkin/Wlad after this fight, I can see how it could come about. Other than that, it's a joke.

Also, the IBO ratings are awful. Weird thing to bring up

Comment

What a bad mis match that would be. I hope this is just a rumour

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
        Where are these rumours? Poor fight if it is made

Pianeta v Pudar is a better more meaningful fight, practically a toss up. I hope Haye stops taking pages from the Klitschko book and fights Povetkin, or another top contender.

If the WBA have told Haye they'd enforce mandatory to either Povetkin/Wlad after this fight, I can see how it could come about. Other than that, it's a joke.

Comment

I joked about him fighting a poor over 40 but if this rumour has any truth this is a joke of a fight.

I'd genuinely take an Audley Harrison rematch over this rubbish.

Comment

I very rarely defend Haye, but he hasn't fought since the Chisora fight. A year will probably have passed between that fight and the next.

Comment

No it isn't. Take a closer look.

The IBO computer-generated ratings and BoxRec ratings make a lot more sense than the WBA ratings, which have Oquendo and Pudar among their top 10 contenders.

The IBO top 10 is almost identical to The Ring, boxingscene, and ESPN's top 10 at heavyweight.

Pianeta v Pudar is a better more meaningful fight, practically a toss up.
              No.

Pianeta doesn't have a great resume, but he's beaten a few top 100 and even a couple of top 50 heavyweights at the time). I can't find a single top 100 heavyweight on Pudar's resume, except two people he lost to.

Pianeta is undefeated, Pudar is not. And Pianeta is in his prime at age 28, while Pudar is OLD at age 41.

Comment

The IBO gets a lot of unjustified ****. It's a better sanctioning body than most, it just hasn't been around as long as some of the big, corrupt names.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  No it isn't. Take a closer look.

The IBO computer-generated ratings and BoxRec ratings make a lot more sense than the WBA ratings, which have Oquendo and Pudar among their top 10 contenders.

The IBO top 10 is almost identical to The Ring, boxingscene, and ESPN's top 10 at heavyweight.

No.

Pianeta doesn't have a great resume, but he's beaten a few top 100 and even a couple of top 50 heavyweights at the time). I can't find a single top 100 heavyweight on Pudar's resume, except two people he lost to.

Pianeta is undefeated, Pudar is not. And Pianeta is in his prime at age 28, while Pudar is OLD at age 41.
                  IBO ratings are pretty bad. These heavyweight ones are questionable outside of the top 10, and don't take into account anything but official record, which we all know means nothing when looking at matchups.. Comparing them to WBA rankings means nothing aswell. This piece of trash is better than this one. Why not quote the Ring, Boxingscene ratings etc instead of the IBO? That's my point.

Not bothered about age, or if they are undefeated. Haye v Pudar, Wlad v Pianeta just goes to show how the state of boxing is today, that these fights are acceptable.

But again, where have these rumours stemmed from? It could be you just trying to stir things up on here regarding Haye, which is about as low as expected from you. Please show us where you got this from

Comment

Pianeta v Pudar is a better more meaningful fight, practically a toss up.

That literally made me laugh out loud. It would be more competitive that's for sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X