Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many world champs is that now for the UK?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know if this is the first time the UK has title holders from England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland all at the same time? I think this could possibly be a first but i'm not positive...

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      Still has another.
      Nope both gone WBA and IBF

Comment

Originally posted by Tedkidlewis View Post
        Anyone know if this is the first time the UK has title holders from England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland all at the same time? I think this could possibly be a first but i'm not positive...
        Must be. How many champs from Northern Ireland has there actually been?

Comment

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post
          If Bellew wins tomorrow, The UK can set the record for biggest amount of concurrent paper champs in boxing!
          Out of the list who are paper champions? I can say right away Fury and McDonnell are not paper champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_ View Post
            Out of the list who are paper champions? I can say right away Fury and McDonnell are not paper champions.
            Smith is one of the least accomplished titlists.

Comment

Originally posted by Tedkidlewis View Post
              After Burns winning tonight, how many champs does that make it now? Can anyone list them....
              They have more than their share of champions for their size. I have no idea how many champions are living in the UK. I keep up with boxers I like not how many champions each nation has. I wouldn't get too carried away bragging on Burns. He isn't the best fighter at his weight and every time he fights a really good fighter he loses or gets a home country win he didn't deserve.

Comment

We have 1 world champion - the HW world champion Tyson Fury

The rest are title holders. Degale is close, but hasn't yet distanced himself from the pack. A win over Jack would do that

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
                  Joshua

Fury

DeGale

Saunders

Smith

Brook

Burns

Crolla

Flanagan

Selby

Haskins

McDonnell
                  Yep that's it, with Fury the real champion, DeGale arguably no.1 at 168 and Brook there and there abouts.

Comment

"World champs"

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_ View Post
                      I'm pretty high on Mcdonell, but he's a title holder. He isn't even the legit WBA champion. But my problem with his resume is, he hasn't fought Payano, Moreno or Yamanaka, who all arguably just as good resumes at the weight. Theres no argument at all to suggest he's the best in the division, as much as I want him to be.

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      Yep that's it, with Fury the real champion, DeGale arguably no.1 at 168 and Brook there and there abouts.
                      Yeah Brook and Degale are in a similar situation - their no.1 rankings (differ from place to place) are there because someone has to be no.1, other fighters lost and/or retired so they got it by default. Wins over Thurman/Garica and Jack would establish them as the man to beat in their divisions. Theres not much separating Brook/Thurman/Garcia, and Jack/Degale/Ramirez right now

Comment

Working...
                      X