Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Wants Cotto-Sergio Next, Says Canelo a Free Agent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't be surprised by Arum comments about Canelo. The thing is there are a lot of things that happens in around the inner circle of boxing that we don't hear about. And this might be one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by mfJow View Post
      Yes. Because you, like every other biased fan out there believes Cotto is wash up and over. The reality is, even thou Cotto is coming into this fight with 2 straight loses, those loses were against P4P king and a tall boxer who had the right game plan against a Cotto who werent on his game.
      Dont be fool by the scorecards thou. COtto's fight agaisnt FLoyd was very competitive and close. His fight against, even thou he clearly lose, the fight wasn't as wide as the as the scorecard indicated.
      Delvin ROdriguez is a pressure boxer who doesn't have power in his hands to deal with Cotto's power.
      Im just playing devils advocate here but what power has cotto shown at 154?

Comment

Canelo boxer Nicholas Walters is now with Bob, when you look at the Canelo promotion page all his boxers now gone he had like 5 boxers at the start of the year

Comment

LOL. People complain when GBP fighters can't fight TR fighters and vise versa. And here Canelo being a free agent is a bad thing?
          Last edited by maguirre; 10-04-2013, 04:34 PM.

Comment

UPDATE: For those who haven't checked back into the article, Richard Schaefer spoke to BoxingScene and says that Arum is incorrect, and that Canelo is under contract with Golden Boy.

-David

Comment

Cotto's not fighting Canelo! He's not leaving golden boy even if he is a free agent. Sergio will be next if Cotto takes care of Delvin.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post

If this is right, Golden Boy will deny it as any promoter would in a contract dispute.
                Star had a long list of items where Golden Balls interfered with boxers under contract to other promoters, and the judge granted their application for tortuous interference after just a glimpse and said they already had more than enough evidence.

It looks as though Oscar will be taking a quick trip back to his sanitarium hidey-hole-if he's out of there already. Perhaps it would be a good investment for him to open his own 'recovery" depot.

Another multi-million suit against him and Schaefer. They must have wall-to-wall lawyers.

Comment

Expect insults and vague threats to sue like always.
                  Arum doesn't care. If you catch him lying his response will be: "Yesterday I was lying, Today I'm telling the truth"

Comment

What a vague response to a simple question. I still think Cotto is signed to Top Rank, but hasn't said it publicly as to not lose his "I'm a free man. I do what I want" image.
                    It's a "proper" ambiguous answer. He's "independent" but he's also with Top Rank who are promoting his fights. He spent his whole f]career from the very first fight with them, and only left when his last contract had expired, so as to fight Phoney Phloyd.

Comment

Arum might be in the know when it comes to the lawsuit. Schaefer is going to deny it, that's obvious.

Canelo may think he's under contract but that may change because of the lawsuit.

Arum is a lawyer and usually knows his stuff when it comes to the legal side. does anybody remember when Donaire was saying he was a free agent and Arum smacked him down.

so if Canelo is a free agent his team might think going to Top Rank isn't such a bad idea.

think about it.

what other fights does GBP have to offer Canelo? maybe Cotto, but if Cotto signed anything with Arum that might any future fights hard to make depending on Cotto's contract with TR.

after that what? Victor Ortiz moving up to 154? they don't really have much left. at 160 it's worse because all they have is Quillen, who might not even be a champ if he loses to Rosado.

maybe some of the euro champs go to showtime who knows

but if Canelo goes to TR it opens up a lot of fights

Cotto
                      Sergio Martinez
                      Chavez jr
                      GGG

that's around 2 years of top notch fights. PPV fights too

who's really going to pay to see Canelo vs Ortiz or Quillin or even Mayweather 2

so if he does have the opportunity to leave GBP he might, if his team points out the obvious to him. They got almost all they could from GBP but it's all down hill money-wise after that.

Comment

Working...
                      X