No announcement yet.

More impressive: Golovkin, Kovalev, Thurman, or Gonzalez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More impressive: Golovkin, Kovalev, Thurman, or Gonzalez

Which undefeated KO artists do you find the most impressive to watch so far?

1 roman
    2 golovkin
    3 kovalev
    4 thurman

Comment

Gonzalez
      Kovalev
      Golovkin/Thurman

Comment

What do you mean OP, who is the best fighter, or who is the most exciting?

Kovalev is the most exciting imo, haven't watched enough of Gonzalez but he apparently has the best record so I guess that makes him the best on paper at least.

Comment

I like Kovalev the best.

Out of those I'm a fan of Kovalev the most.

Who's the best? Hard to say to be honest.

Potential wise probably Gonzalez has the most potential IMO.

Only one of those I'm not a fan of is Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I like Kovalev the best.

Out of those I'm a fan of Kovalev the most.

Who's the best? Hard to say to be honest.

Potential wise probably Gonzalez has the most potential IMO.

Only one of those I'm not a fan of is Golovkin.
            I wish people would stop putting Golovkin ahead of Kovalev on p4p lists. I get that they are supposed to be subjective, but you can very objectively look at the two, analyze their skills and records, and see that Kovalev deserves higher regard.

What Kovalev did against Hopkins and Pascal is far beyond Golovkin. Both the quality of the opponents and his abilities while beating them.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              I wish people would stop putting Golovkin ahead of Kovalev on p4p lists. I get that they are supposed to be subjective, but you can very objectively look at the two, analyze their skills and records, and see that Kovalev deserves higher regard.

What Kovalev did against Hopkins and Pascal is far beyond Golovkin. Both the quality of the opponents and his abilities while beating them.
              Agreed. Especially in the fashion he's beat them.

Even Cleverly and Sillakh are better than most of Golvokin's opponents and he's splattering them in similar fashion to Golovkin's opponents.

Comment

Between Kovalev and Gonzalez. Gonzalez probably nicks it on resume, though Kovalev is being robbed of his best opponent by political shenanigans.

Skillz are hard to rate because RG weighs about the same as Kovalevs left arm. Both are very good boxers with power and skill relative to their weight.

Golovkin I enjoy watching, but i dont like the look of his stamina or his defence. His power is brutal though and offensively he knows how to set up his attacks. I'm not a believer in the current MW division so its more difficult for him to impress me.

Thurman is the least proven of the bunch, but hopefully once the Mayweather payday is out of the question for the WW top dogs there will be lots of goodmatchups to be made at 147. I think he will prove himself pretty soon to be the heir apparent at WW.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  Between Kovalev and Gonzalez. Gonzalez probably nicks it on resume, though Kovalev is being robbed of his best opponent by political shenanigans.

Skillz are hard to rate because RG weighs about the same as Kovalevs left arm. Both are very good boxers with power and skill relative to their weight.

Golovkin I enjoy watching, but i dont like the look of his stamina or his defence. His power is brutal though and offensively he knows how to set up his attacks. I'm not a believer in the current MW division so its more difficult for him to impress me.

Thurman is the least proven of the bunch, but hopefully once the Mayweather payday is out of the question for the WW top dogs there will be lots of goodmatchups to be made at 147. I think he will prove himself pretty soon to be the heir apparent at WW.
                  When Mayweather retires all the belts will be up for grabs.

That will be a great time for the new WW divison.

Comment

Golovkin/Kovalev/Gonzalez are interchangeable on any given night. I like Thurman, but I'm just not crazy about him like that...he's good, he's just not must-see tv for me. I'd probably give that 4th spot to Matthysse who is really an entertaining offensive fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X