No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nishioka Says Donaire Clash is The Only Fight He Wants

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nishioka Says Donaire Clash is The Only Fight He Wants

Recently elevated by the WBC as their super bantamweight champion EMERITUS, Toshiaki Nishioka (39-4-2, 24 KOs) held a press conference at the Teiken Gym in Tokyo and announced that he wants nobody else for his eighth title defense other than WBO super bantamweight king Nonito Donaire, Jr. (28-1-0, 18 KOs).

[Click Here To Read More]

Top Rank seems to be talking positively about Nishioka. HBO praises him to be the top guy in the division. The Donaire camp's fired up about this match up. All signs point for this fight to be green-lighted in the next couple fights or so.

Comment

N I C E ! ! !

This should be a war.

Comment

Top Rank isn't going to make a fight with Nishioka. Just watch.

It will be Arce.

Comment

Regardless of whether or not the lefty lands a date with Donaire, according to Sponichi, Honda has revealed that Nishioka will retire after one more fight. Though the fighter himself refrained from declaring that he would hang up the gloves after one more appearance, the veteran is clearly looking to finish his 17-year career impressively. Nishioka and Teiken deserve kudos for venturing out of Japan to fight Marquez in Las Vegas last year, and another trip stateside to take on a top name would be an excellent way to make that a reality.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Top Rank isn't going to make a fight with Nishioka. Just watch.

It will be Arce.
            I totally agree, and after watching WV2 box good against Donaire, and being succesful very often, I can see Nishioka outboxing donaire.

So not gonna happend, it will be Mijares and Arce, wish is a shame!

Comment

go nishioka!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by spoonwars View Post
                Top Rank seems to be talking positively about Nishioka. HBO praises him to be the top guy in the division. The Donaire camp's fired up about this match up. All signs point for this fight to be green-lighted in the next couple fights or so.
                Not too hopeful about that.

I can see all the excuses already.

He's going to want too much money. He isn't known enough. He wants too much in negotiation. He had his chance and now he's a coward. We want Arce!

Comment

i really really hope this fight is made. and if its not, it will be interesting to hear who the blame falls on.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    Recently elevated by the WBC as their super bantamweight champion EMERITUS, Toshiaki Nishioka (39-4-2, 24 KOs) held a press conference at the Teiken Gym in Tokyo and announced that he wants nobody else for his eighth title defense other than WBO super bantamweight king Nonito Donaire, Jr. (28-1-0, 18 KOs).

[Click Here To Read More]
                    You have to fight the best even if they have speed. Not just slower guys that make you look good.
                    I hope Donaire doesn't become a speed dodger like Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                    X