No announcement yet.

80s Films FTW!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80s Films FTW!

Is it just me or does anyone else think some of the ATG films come from the 80s?

When horror films were gory, teenage angst wasn't so frigging EMO, **** was getting blown up and almost everything looked like soft core ****.

Currently watching Die Hard.

Any favourites?

YIPPIE-KAI-YAY MOTHER****ER!
    Last edited by Bossy; 01-13-2012, 05:32 AM. Reason: how could I forget a quote?!

In before this thread becomes totally ****ing epic.

That decade is probably my favorite as far as film goes. Jesus Christ, what a monster.

Comment

First off, the "Friday the 13th series". The original eight was such a fantastic series of straight up splatterfests that pretty much spawned the "slasher" genre. Granted it had been done before (Black Christmas, the Texas Chainsaw Masscare, to some extent), but that series is universally looked upon as the "archetype" of the genre with good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        In before this thread becomes totally ****ing epic.

That decade is probably my favorite as far as film goes. Jesus Christ, what a monster.
        RIGHT!

I'm on a weird mix tonight: Die Hard, RoboCop (totally inspired by you, btw), Out for Justice and The Breakfast Club
        Last edited by Bossy; 01-13-2012, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Also a great decade for the Sci-Fi genre, with masterpieces of the genre like "Predator", "The Element of Crime", "ET", "The Abyss", "Aliens", "The Thing", "The Terminator", "Blade Runner", "Videodrome", and "The Fly", among many others.

Comment

PS:

Anyone who spams this thread with **** unrelated to the genius that is the 80s film industry is going on ignore.

Seriously. Don't **** with my thread.

Comment

"The Breakfast Club" is tits.

The others you mentioned are good, too. But BC is one of those films that really defined the decade. Any "top 10 movies of the 80s" list wouldn't be worth piss without that one on it.

Comment

What about "Back to the Future" I and II?

So ****ing awesome.

Comment

On the agenda for tomorrow night:

Comment

Originally posted by *Boss Lady* View Post
                    PS:

Anyone who spams this thread with **** unrelated to the genius that is the 80s film industry is going on ignore.

Seriously. Don't **** with my thread.

I like angry boss lady

Comment

Working...
                    X