Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you are a champion defending your title against a KO artist...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraps your a good dude but this thread is not your best work. In a perfect world every fight would be even and fair.

In the real world, the fighters who make money call the shots because the people/en****** who make money off them want the guys who make them money to continue doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      Do you let your opponent wear punchers gloves, or do you take every advantage you can get?

On one hand, it's no secret that the A side calls the shots, and can make demands like this, and as the challenger a fighter should meet the demands of the A side because it's their place to do so.

On the other hand, a fair fight with an opponent who has no room for excuses because they were given every possible opportunity to be comfortable and at their best befoer the fight would gain respect and eliminate doubts of the outcome.

What would you do?
      Didnt Floyd say all he wanted was an even playing field though? If so why would he look for an advantage?
      Last edited by Deevel916; 07-16-2014, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Queef Genius View Post
        It's the way he did it, the night before a fight.
        It's this. I don't think it's as big of an issue if Floyd put the demand In the original contract so Maidana knew what he was getting into right off the bat. But to threaten to call off a fight the day before it happens is big itch made.

If I'm the best fighter in the world then I don't careally what the other guy brings. If I'm trying to prove myself as one of the greatest of all time I'd prove it regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Wraps your a good dude but this thread is not your best work. In a perfect world every fight would be even and fair.

In the real world, the fighters who make money call the shots because the people/en****** who make money off them want the guys who make them money to continue doing it.
          That's true Dunn I hear you, that's the way it is in boxing, I just wanted to hear what fans would do in his shoes lol.
          Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
          It's this. I don't think it's as big of an issue if Floyd put the demand In the original contract so Maidana knew what he was getting into right off the bat. But to threaten to call off a fight the day before it happens is big itch made.

If I'm the best fighter in the world then I don't careally what the other guy brings. If I'm trying to prove myself as one of the greatest of all time I'd prove it regardless.
          I hear you on this.

Comment

Do you let your opponent wear punchers gloves, or do you take every advantage you can get?

On one hand, it's no secret that the A side calls the shots, and can make demands like this, and as the challenger a fighter should meet the demands of the A side because it's their place to do so.

On the other hand, a fair fight with an opponent who has no room for excuses because they were given every possible opportunity to be comfortable and at their best befoer the fight would gain respect and eliminate doubts of the outcome.

What would you do?

gloves shouldnt matter. its like you are nicely asking us if its cool to be a b1tch.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
              gloves shouldnt matter. its like you are nicely asking us if its cool to be a b1tch.
              I agree, but gloves do matter to some fighters.

Comment

I agree, but gloves do matter to some fighters.
                this is the best shortest reply ever...

Comment

Agreeing with the consensus here, both fighters should be allowed to have their personal choice of gloves. Different gloves can feel very different to each other depending on the brand... Maidana getting to wear his choice might not have changed the outcome..but it's just fair that he be allowed to do so, and it was a ridiculous move by Floyd to deny him...something that lost him some respect, like why do it ?

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
                    Agreeing with the consensus here, both fighters should be allowed to have their personal choice of gloves. Different gloves can feel very different to each other depending on the brand... Maidana getting to wear his choice might not have changed the outcome..but it's just fair that he be allowed to do so, and it was a ridiculous move by Floyd to deny him...something that lost him some respect, like why do it ?

Comment

It would depend on whether or not I respect my opponent enough to want to beat them no questions asked, or whether or not I have a point to prove. If I didn't respect my opponent and I had no point to prove, I'd treat the matter professionally, which would mean taking steps to ensure minimal effort is required to get the job done.

Comment

Working...
                      X