No announcement yet.

Why do people here love Ricky Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people here love Ricky Hatton?

He fought two elite class fighters and they both whipped his ass in embarrassing fashion, and his record is padded largely by fighting bums in the UK.

Can someone please explain the appeal to me?

Also: Before anyone comes in here criticizing the first part of my statement, I don't punish anyone too much for losing to Floyd or Pac, but I will punish you for how you lose. Hatton was completely and utterly out-classed in both fights on a level that makes you wonder why the matches were made in the first place.

Originally posted by VolumePuncher View Post
    He fought two elite class fighters and they both whipped his ass in embarrassing fashion, and his record is padded largely by fighting bums in the UK.

Can someone please explain the appeal to me?

Also: Before anyone comes in here criticizing the first part of my statement, I don't punish anyone too much for losing to Floyd or Pac, but I will punish you for how you lose. Hatton was completely and utterly out-classed in both fights on a level that makes you wonder why the matches were made in the first place.
    who cares if he lost. are you only a fan of the p4p fighters?

Comment

Red K given for a hateful, unnecessary attack on one of the best boxers of the past decade.
      Last edited by The Hammer; 04-21-2011, 08:13 PM.

Comment

You can tell you haven't been a member long, Hatton got more hate on this site than almost any other boxer. A fighter doesn't have to be elite to be a fan of them either.

Comment

In what sense is Ricky Hatton "loved on here"?

People see 1 post about something they dont like and then make a blanket statement regarding the whole forum....

Anyway, I think the fact that someone as physically limited as Hatton made it so far is a credit to him.
          Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 04-21-2011, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamPirate View Post
            who cares if he lost. are you only a fan of the p4p fighters?
            Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post
            You can tell you haven't been a member long, Hatton got more hate on this site than almost any other boxer. A fighter doesn't have to be elite to be a fan of them either.
            Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

People see 1 post about something they dont like and then make a blanket statement regarding the whole forum....

Anyway, I think the fact that someone with as physically limited as Hatton made it so far is a credit to him.
            Thread starter got ripped apart.

Comment

Yes he's an overachiever, but Hatton always put on a good show and fought his ass off everytime.

That's why the fans love Ricky. Not just Brit fans, but boxing fans in general.

And fans overly criticized him on this site all the time. It doesn't seem that way now because he's already retired.

Comment

Ricky Hatton isn't really liked on here, at all.

But, the people who do like him like him because he is a good, entertaining fighter that managed to be a world champion across 2 divisions and fought the best 2 fighters of the past decade with no questions asked.

I can see why he is liked.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom! View Post
                  Red K given for a hateful, unnecessary attack on one of the best boxers of the past decade.
                  fuuuuddddgeeee noooooo

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

Anyway, I think the fact that someone with as physically limited as Hatton made it so far is a credit to him.
                    I don't think Hatton was all that physically limited. Dimensions are not on his size with him being on the short side in height and reach, but he had good speed. His foot speed was very good, and his hand speed was above average too. He wasn't a guy who was known to take the best care of himself also outside the ring, but still got some good results.

He was reasonably fluid in his movements, for instance, the way he'd move his body to get the right angles on his body shots. He didn't look clumsy, awkward, or slow when he did this. He had a decent chin for most of his career.

One thing he definitely should have worked on was his right hand. It was an ugly, slapping or pushing shot. He didn't turn it over with leverage and technique.

Comment

Working...
                    X