No announcement yet.

Fights you remember differently to what actually happened

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fights you remember differently to what actually happened

Does anyone else have fights from ages ago that when they rewatch them they are different ot how you remember them.

A couple for me are.

Julian Jackson v Errol Graham.

I was pretty young when i watched this but I always thought Graham dominated for 9-10 rounds and was on the verge of winning then got caught with not long to go but it was actually a 4th round KO.

De la Hoya v Chavez 1.

I remembered this as DLH absolutely destroying Chavez landing at will with nothing coming back but rewatching it DLH didnt land that much it was just that Chavez had alot of blood.

Also Hamad v Barrera

I remembered it as Hamad losing every round and just getting owned but rewatching it, it was quite competitive despite being a clear MAB win.

Its funny how our memory works, anyone got any similar memories.

Originally posted by Furn View Post
    Also Hamad v Barrera

I remembered it as Hamad losing every round and just getting owned but rewatching it, it was quite competitive despite being a clear MAB win.

Its funny how our memory works, anyone got any similar memories.
    Lol I saw that fight live on tv and was the only time I watched it, I actually had in my mind that mab knocked him out Lol. I realized a few years ago he just won soundly. Also vargas vs Oscar I thought was a beating because of that brutal left hook oscar threw but in actuality it was a close fight.

Comment

Abril vs Rios...

Rios won...however Abril beat the shyt out of him that night before being robbed like a prostitute.

Comment

Mayweather-Castillo I would be the most obvious.

Called it a robbery for years, but rewatched for the first time since it happened three years ago and scored it for Floyd.

Morales-Barrera I.

When I first saw that fight, I thought Morales won. Wong. I was in middle school(?) at the time, however.

Comment

Pacquiao bradley II. Watching the fight live i thought pac was really doing horrible, and would get jmm'd anytime. Rewatched it countless times, pac was doing fine actually.

Floyd-delahoya/hatton: i thought delahoya did enough, after rewatching it its 8 to 4 for floyd. I thought floyd-hatton was never that good of a fight, after rewatching it, it was actually the last fight put on a master offense, maidana floyd wouldve look the same in his prime.

The thing is, fights appear faster to me after rewatching them, during live they look fukn slow or am i that impatient and have too much expectations.

Comment

Canelo-Trout, thought it was close live but upon rewatching it, Trout put on a pathetic display, wasn't even close. 8-4 + KD Canelo

Mayweather-Maidana I, thought a draw might have been conceivable, it was somewhat competitive but not close, 9-3/ 8-4

Pacquiao-Bradley 1, thought robbery live but then I saw an entirely different fight after watching it a few times. Could have gone either way, scored it a draw.

Coincidentally, I guess I was swayed by the commentary in these fights. Usually I'm not questioning my own sanity but that's it for now unless I can remember more.

Comment

Manny Pacquiao vs. Joshua Clottey.
              Clottey is getting a lot of hate on here but if you re-watch the fight Clottey got in a lot of good shots throughout the rounds on Pacquiao. They say he shelled up the whole fight, but that's just his defense during the fight. It's like saying Mayweather shoulder-rolled his whole way through the fight.

It was a competitive fight, but Pacquiao was clearly the best fighter in the World at that time. You can't bag on Clottey for just being out-classed by a better opponent.

Comment

Working...
              X