Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather still on top after Mannys rise and Fall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

floyd being on top is because he doesn't fight. he takes no risks, other than committing crimes outside the ring....

bottom line, pacquiao fights and fights often, floyd is a cherry picker, although a highly paid one, but none the less, he's not taking fights, not taking risks, and in my book keeps sliding downward in relativity pertaining to boxing.

I don't care if floyd is undefeated, means he hasn't fought the toughest available, if you're not out taking the risk, then you aint doing sshtie.

when is floyd going to take on someone we would like to see him fight, he fights MAYBE once a year..... or even more time between fights, if that is the case, which it most certainly is, then every fight is a tune up fight...... how in the hell can you be the best? when you're not fighting all of the top guys? you know, the fights, fight fans want to see!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      Floyd is a good fighter but has not done anything special consistently. BH beat Tarver and Pavlik when he werent supposed to, yet dont expect no1 status when Floyd beats Cotto and we are supposed to believe that is better than BH beating people hes not supposed to. And were also supposed to believe Cotto is much better than Tarver and Pavlik.
      Pavlik was beating JTs of this world. Cotto was beating the yuris and margaritos?
      I think this is bull****.

The problem with this is that HE SUPPOSED TO BEAT EVERYBODY!
      He’s just that good. The odds will always have him to win. To say anything else is a lie. Vegas knows it and so does everyone else so we can stop with all the fight someone that you’re not supposed to beat crap.
      This is also clear cut proof that the man is the best whether one wants to admit it or not.
      All people do is hope this guy or that guy will beat him. The most people say is he’ll have a challenging fight. We’re forgetting that these guys he fought were also great man. All this crap about shot fighters and this and that. Man you can have a bad night in boxing but that doesn’t always mean your shot.
      (Is Lebron shot because he had an off game, or whoever else in sports?)
      Some fights people show up and some they don’t.
      Believe it or not 99% of these guys are trying to be at their best when facing Floyd because they know what they’re facing. They train the hardest they’ve ever trained in their entire life, push themselves harder than they have ever pushed themselves because they know he’s the real deal.
      That’s why you get a tough Cotto.
      A tough Oscar (Yes he was very good that night contrary to popular belief, I think even that version would’ve beat most fighters in that division that night)
      Shane at least let his hands go a bit until the adjustment then was totally confused, didn’t know how Floyd could finish a round that strong after being wobbled that hard twice. Floyd got in his head and told him that’s not enough "you’re gonna have to kill me"
      Hatton was on his as$ very strong (I think him and Pac plays out the same way)
      Zab was on his A-Game during their fight and gave him everything he had.
      You think Juan Manuel Marquez was playing around and didnt come with his A-Game or was he also shot?
      I mean what’s with all this madness man. These aren’t average guys were talking about. All of them were also Boxing Superstars or at least Stars and considered the best at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
        floyd being on top is because he doesn't fight. he takes no risks, other than committing crimes outside the ring....

bottom line, pacquiao fights and fights often, floyd is a cherry picker, although a highly paid one, but none the less, he's not taking fights, not taking risks, and in my book keeps sliding downward in relativity pertaining to boxing.

I don't care if floyd is undefeated, means he hasn't fought the toughest available, if you're not out taking the risk, then you aint doing sshtie.

when is floyd going to take on someone we would like to see him fight, he fights MAYBE once a year..... or even more time between fights, if that is the case, which it most certainly is, then every fight is a tune up fight...... how in the hell can you be the best? when you're not fighting all of the top guys? you know, the fights, fight fans want to see!?!?!
        Only until recent times has he become a bit tentative with his selection of opponents. But you can't fault the fact that most are ranked at the top of their respective divisions. Have you watched he career at Super Feather? He was really special there.

Comment

Originally posted by blacraven View Post

He’s just that good. The odds will always have him to win. To say anything else is a lie. Vegas knows it and so does everyone else so we can stop with all the fight someone that you’re not supposed to beat crap.
          This is also clear cut proof that the man is the best whether one wants to admit it or not.
          All people do is hope this guy or that guy will beat him. The most people say is he’ll have a challenging fight. We’re forgetting that these guys he fought were also great man. All this crap about shot fighters and this and that. Man you can have a bad night in boxing but that doesn’t always mean your shot.
          Believe it or not 99% of these guys are trying to be at their best when facing Floyd because they know what they’re facing. They train the hardest they’ve ever trained in their entire life, push themselves harder than they have ever pushed themselves because they know he’s the real deal.
          A tough Oscar (Yes he was very good that night contrary to popular belief, I think even that version would’ve beat most fighters in that division that night)
          Shane at least let his hands go a bit until the adjustment then was totally confused, didn’t know how Floyd could finish a round that strong after being wobbled that hard twice. Floyd got in his head and told him that’s not enough "you’re gonna have to kill me"
          You think Juan Manuel Marquez was playing around and didnt come with his A-Game or was he also shot?
          I mean what’s with all this madness man. These aren’t average guys were talking about. All of them were also Boxing Superstars or at least Stars and considered the best at some point.
          very well said. i relish the day when people understand what you just said, but it'll never happen, cause blind subjectivity is easier than logical objectivity, hence why these forums are so popular, due to the clash of personalities and boxing knowledge.

Comment

Floyd only fights world champions coming off of big wins and dominates them,he is currently #1 at ww and #1 at 154 and #1 p4p...amazing...wbc ww champ and wba 154 champ

Comment

Originally posted by blacraven View Post

very well said. He goes in favourite vs any opponent now too. IT's all bullcrap. All these guys he's fought he was ducking at one point, and it's the same now.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                Amazing that he has been p4p top 10 since 1998,he has seen them come and go yet he remains undefeated and on top once again p4p #1 at the age of 35 soon to be 36,He is 43-0 a 8 time champ(should be 9 just didnt pay for shanes belt)in 5 divisions no other fighter in the history of this sport has won 8 titles in 5 divisions and remained undefeated,over half of his fights have been title fights.Manny had a stint on top and all the hype,yet Floyd just kept defeating current champions coming off of big wins,no smoke and mirror act,no catch weight titles. Now it appears he will fight 2 more current champions in 2013 at the age of 36 and if he defeats them both he can retire 45-0 with possible 9(should be 10)world titles and maybe even possibly add 1 more lineal title to his resume,this guy is hated so much on here because of his perfection,this guy is a boxing god
                This is embarrasing fanboyism at its very worst. This is apparently a grown man writing this absolute steaming pile of disingenuous guff, although you could be forgiven for thinking its a pre pubescent schoolgirl writing about their favourite pop star.

Its incredible, but not surprising, that these idiots have made dozens of bumsniffer threads since saturday, somehow they seem to believe that Floyd actually fought or that the result somehow elevated the standing of their hero, a man that rarely fights(conveniently) and has managed to swerve every single real threat since the middle of the last decade.

Terrible stuff, toe curlingly embarrasing and the mods need to do more to keep this kind of piss off of the board.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                  This is embarrasing fanboyism at its very worst. This is apparently a grown man writing this absolute steaming pile of disingenuous guff, although you could be forgiven for thinking its a pre pubescent schoolgirl writing about their favourite pop star.

Its incredible, but not surprising, that these idiots have made dozens of bumsniffer threads since saturday, somehow they seem to believe that Floyd actually fought or that the result somehow elevated the standing of their hero, a man that rarely fights(conveniently) and has managed to swerve every single real threat since the middle of the last decade.

Terrible stuff, toe curlingly embarrasing and the mods need to do more to keep this kind of piss off of the board.
                  they could ask you to leave, but would you?

yea I'm not too sure why some guys here are so happy thinking it was floyd that KOd manny. Not sure how the two correlate, but hey...

nevertheless, you left yourself wide open for that one...

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                    they could ask you to leave, but would you?

yea I'm not too sure why some guys here are so happy thinking it was floyd that KOd manny. Not sure how the two correlate, but hey...

nevertheless, you left yourself wide open for that one...
                    Why would they? I dont suck another fighters plums and dont repeatedly, in fact never make ******ed fanboy threads. I gleefully take the piss out of the spastics that do though.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                      Why would they? I dont suck another fighters plums and dont repeatedly, in fact never make ******ed fanboy threads. I gleefully take the piss out of the spastics that do though.
                      i have to agree that there have been some questionable threads made after saturday. whatever this is NSB, what can ya do...

Comment

Working...
                      X