Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP me NSB: Is this theory regarding 'prime' correct?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP me NSB: Is this theory regarding 'prime' correct?

Someone on ESB posted this article from espn or sports illustrated about the correlation between physical prime boxing prime and motivation and he basically posted this:

Two boxers used as example
    Mike Tyson
    Lennox Lewis
    Time Line
    Mike Tyson

85-87 Pre-Physical Prime Pre -Boxing Prime highly motivated

88- Holmes Spinks fights -Physical Prime Boxing Prime Extremely Motivated

Buster Douglas Fight- Physical Prime Boxing Prime motivation:non existence

Razer Ruddock 1 2 - Physical Prime slightly pass boxing prime
    highly motivated

Prison Stretch- Physical Prime - end of boxing prime

Holyfield 1-2 Slightly Pass Physical Prime -pass boxing prime very motivated

Golota- Slightly pass physical prime -Pass boxing prime Very motivated

Lewis- Way pass physical prime -way pass boxing prime Very Motivated

Lennox Lewis

Ruddock-Tucker-Bruno -Pre Physical Prime- Pre Boxing Prime
    Extremely motivated

Oliver Mccall 1- Pre-Physical Prime Pre-Boxing Prime motivation: minimal

Ray Mercer Mccall 2: Physical Prime Pre-Boxing Prime Extremely Motivated

Golota Briggs Holyfield: Physical Prime-Boxing Prime Extremely Motivated

Grant-Tua: Pass Physical Prime -Boxing Prime - Extremely Motivated

Rahman - Pass Physical Prime -Pass Boxing Prime - motivation:non existence

Rahman 2- Pass Physical Prime - Pass Boxing Prime- EXTREMELY motivated

Tyson- Way Pass Physical Prime- Pass boxing prime -extremely motivated

Vitali Klithscko- Way Pass physical prime dead man walking
    Way Pass Boxing Prime
    zero motivation
    Last edited by xurius; 03-15-2012, 12:25 AM.

I thought this was very interesting

Some interesting facts I never thought of.

Tyson despite being pass boxing prime, was still in near physical prime and highly motivated against Holyfield.

Tyson lost a huge chunk of his physical prime and near boxing prime to prison

Lennox Lewis was set back by the fact that his physical prime and boxing prime really didn't exist at the same time.

Lennox's fight vs Tyson: both were actually old and past prime, except that Lennox was closer to his then Mike's. (this one I knew already)

Lennox was pretty amazing to avenge his Rahman defeat because for all intended purposes this was already a pass prime lennox.

THERE WAS NO WAY in Hell Lennox can give vitali a rematch for he was way pass boxing and physical prime at that time. If Lennox somehow beat Vitali in a rematch that would have been the greatest boxing feat since Douglas. For that will come from sheer motivation.

Tyson was in full prime mode when he got ko by Douglas, just no motivation.

Comment

another thing that's interesting and I agree with as well is that
      the last time Tyson was as motivated as Lennox was back in 88. Lennox Lewis despite being unmotivated against Oliver, Rahman and Vitali for the vast majority of his career had a extreme level of motivation and determination.

Comment

Yeah, prison definetly didn't help Tyson.

Comment

Vitali Klitschko vs Lennox Lewis

THE TRUTH

Vitali took the fight on just 10 days notice.

Vitali was clearly winning the fight 4-2 on all 3 scorecards at the time of the controversial doctor stoppage. Lewis barely survived the 2nd round, he was badly hurt, holding on for dear life, wobbling everywhere and staggering around the ring like a drunk. Lewis was badly hurt several times in the fight and was getting outboxed, outworked, outmuscled and outlanded by Vitali.

punches landed

Vitali 156

Lewis 102

Lewis was exhausted, worn down and hurt from the accumulation of punches and was ready to get KTFO again, he collapsed onto his stool at the end of the 6th round, Vitali was clearly the fresher of the two, he was a man on a mission and would've KO'd Lewis for sure if the fight had continued.

After the fight, Vitali intimidated the **** out of Lewis and made him look like a *****.

All the fans at Staples Center cheered for Vitali and booed Lewis after the fight.

Lewis promised Vitali a rematch.

Vitali destroyed Kirk Johnson in 2 rounds and called out Lewis again in the post fight interview. The scared Lewis retired shortly after that fight.

Lewis turned down 30 million dollars for a rematch and retired like a coward because he knew he would get destroyed by Vitali.

Vitali dominated Lewis and scared his ***** ass into retirement.

George Foreman: "Vitali was winning the fight. Lewis got lucky. There has to be a rematch!"

Jim Lampley: "A lucky escape for Lewis who was clearly losing the fight"

Even Emanuel Steward was upset and pissed off at Lewis for blatantly ducking a Vitali rematch.

Lewis is scared to death of Vitali.

Comment

Lewis said he was "at the peak of my powers" when he got his ass whooped by Vitali.

Lewis was coming off the KO win over Tyson. In the Lewis-Tyson post fight interview Lewis stated "I'm like fine wine, I get better with age"

In an interview right before the Vitali fight, Lewis said "I'm at the peak of my powers, I will keep fighting for many more years"

Vitali dominated Lewis and scared him into retirement. That's a FACT.

Comment

Originally posted by $ j-210 $ View Post
              Lewis said he was "at the peak of my powers" when he got his ass whooped by Vitali.

Lewis was coming off the KO win over Tyson. In the Lewis-Tyson post fight interview Lewis stated "I'm like fine wine, I get better with age"

In an interview right before the Vitali fight, Lewis said "I'm at the peak of my powers, I will keep fighting for many more years"

Vitali dominated Lewis and scared him into retirement. That's a FACT.

Hey man I respect your opinions and you sound like a nice dude, but saying this in the nicest way possible... What the **** does my questions regarding prime time lines of tyson and lewis have anything to do with ****ing Vitali ? for you to post 2 random pointless paragraphs

Comment

No wait I get it

because the last line of saying a past prime unmotivated Lewis fought Vitali enraged you to such a point that you had to write out two entire paragraphs to defend Vitali.

Vitali is a great champion and probably 100x the human being you are, that don't change the fact Lewis was old and past prime when he fought him.. Dude you are pathetic man. You sicken me

Comment

Originally posted by xurius View Post
                  Someone on ESB posted this article from espn or sports illustrated about the correlation between physical prime boxing prime and motivation and he basically posted this:

Two boxers used as example
                  Mike Tyson
                  Lennox Lewis
                  Time Line
                  Mike Tyson

85-87 Pre-Physical Prime Pre -Boxing Prime highly motivated

88- Holmes Spinks fights -Physical Prime Boxing Prime Extremely Motivated

Buster Douglas Fight- Physical Prime Boxing Prime motivation:non existence

Razer Ruddock 1 2 - Physical Prime slightly pass boxing prime
                  highly motivated

Prison Stretch- Physical Prime - end of boxing prime

Holyfield 1-2 Slightly Pass Physical Prime -pass boxing prime very motivated

Golota- Slightly pass physical prime -Pass boxing prime Very motivated

Lewis- Way pass physical prime -way pass boxing prime Very Motivated

Lennox Lewis

Ruddock-Tucker-Bruno -Pre Physical Prime- Pre Boxing Prime
                  Extremely motivated

Oliver Mccall 1- Pre-Physical Prime Pre-Boxing Prime motivation: minimal

Ray Mercer Mccall 2: Physical Prime Pre-Boxing Prime Extremely Motivated

Golota Briggs Holyfield: Physical Prime-Boxing Prime Extremely Motivated

Grant-Tua: Pass Physical Prime -Boxing Prime - Extremely Motivated

Rahman - Pass Physical Prime -Pass Boxing Prime - motivation:non existence

Rahman 2- Pass Physical Prime - Pass Boxing Prime- EXTREMELY motivated

Tyson- Way Pass Physical Prime- Pass boxing prime -extremely motivated

Vitali Klithscko- Way Pass physical prime dead man walking
                  Way Pass Boxing Prime
                  zero motivation
                  You seem right on with Tyson, but you are wrong about Lewis. He had a very long physical prime and during the times you say his physical and boxing primes were over he was right in it. he showed no signs of slippage except from overconfidence and slacked-off training. There werw temporary.

Comment

Red K for trying to be underhand slick in justifying Tyson's losses, and crediting Lewis's "victory" over Vitali. . . And for disrespecting an established poster.

It is what it is. . . All this is just another way to say Tyson is one of the most overrated boxers of all time, and Lewis robbed hardcore boxing fans of a legitimate rematch.

Comment

Working...
                    X