No announcement yet.

Is Leonard Ellerbe right about this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
    It would have to be multi-tons of "dirt" for him to forego so many tens of millions. Top Rank is under scrutiny like all the promoters since Don King's heyday. When last was a promoter exposed as stealing from his fighter......I mean really exposed, not the rumours thvery loose e crazies love to babble about. Use common-sense.

The only very, speculation I and could make is that since Arum was a tax lawyer, that he and MannyP may be involved in a deep tax fraud. But this would make Pacquiao many more millions, and Arum is too clever to involve himself in anything like this.

I don't believe for a second, the "Pacquiao is broke" rumours that the conspiracy crazies dribble about. IF, and it's a big "if", he gets advances, it would be because he allowed the bank account he uses to be depleted. But I'd think that he likely doesn't handle money, but may use an aide to see to the bills. He wouldn't be fumbling in his pocket for loose cash. That's the way big movers operate.
    tSorry, didn't catch all the computer jumping around. Don't know what to do about it. If anyone can tell me, please PM. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
      i do think manny is getting robbed
      Well Duckiao is a dumb ass because he fired visionqwest because Bob told him to.

Bob is not robbing this clown......Duckiao is robbing himself.
      What a f-cking idiot this guy is.

Comment

From everything I've seen over the past year or so, I am very sure that the rumors are true and Ellerbe is correct. Has anyone from the press brought this up with Arum? I can't remember reading or hearing anything. It makes you wonder though, because Floyd began to make references to this stuff a while ago now, and nobody took it seriously, yet here we are and it's looking very likely.

I've noticed people saying that Pacquiao couldn't be so stupid, but you wouldn't have to be stupid if the two main people orchestrating such a scheme were as central to your financial dealings as Arum and Koncz are.

When I first read the articles regarding the visionquest stuff a couple months ago, I remembered about those reports which popped up out of nowhere at the time claiming that Pacquiao had fired Koncz, reports which were quickly shot down but had already been largely reported on several reliable websites. It would certainly make sense, especially considering that VQ named Koncz in their statement as one of the sources of their concerns regarding Pacquiao's finances.

I'm quite certain, that there has been some real skullduggery going on behind the scenes at Top Rank, and is the real reason why this fight hasnt happened and probably won't ever happen.

If it is true, then what a seriously painful twist in the Pacquiao story considering how everything went down with him taking GBPs money to sign when he shouldnt of.

But if it is indeed true, and if it does officially come out and leads to a legal battle (obviously it would), on top of the fight not happening.... It would be very damaging to our great sport.

We don't need any of this ****.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
          i do think manny is getting robbed
          I do.

According to the NSAC itself, Manny earned $6Million dollars from the 3rd Marquez fight. From a guaranteed $22million.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            I do.

According to the NSAC itself, Manny earned $6Million dollars from the 3rd Marquez fight. From a guaranteed $22million.
            did bob say manny was guaranteed 22 mill?

Comment

it could be true.. who was the last fighter he fought that wasn't promoted for the fight by Top Rank? I think Mosley went independent.. I forget who was promoting Ricky Hatton at the time of their fight.. but De La Hoya, maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                I do.

we don't know that for sure.. it was payed to top rank, for all we know manny can have a contractual agreement that says his purse will be payed to them and they'll pay him. tax laws are different in nevada.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylorslade View Post
                  From everything I've seen over the past year or so, I am very sure that the rumors are true and Ellerbe is correct. Has anyone from the press brought this up with Arum? I can't remember reading or hearing anything. It makes you wonder though, because Floyd began to make references to this stuff a while ago now, and nobody took it seriously, yet here we are and it's looking very likely.
                  Where indeed?

Where the press? Those sanctimonious, condescending, self-aggrandizing, arrogant, judgmental, pious guardians of objectivity and professional ethics?

Where are they?

Comment

Working...
                  X