Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you develop a chin after being KO'd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you develop a chin after being KO'd?

Manny's chin is made of iron these days and he's getting hit by bigger guys than when he got KO'd very early in his career. I know the weight he's put on had alot to do with it but can you "re-develop" a chin after getting KO'd?

when he got koed by torrecampo he just got caught flush plus he was 17.

singsurat ko was more the beat down , i got nothing left , i'm tired type tko.

a lot of guys' chin gets better when they move up. having to cut less weight helps.

Comment

I think that the young age and low weight of Manny didn't help him back then.

It is absurd to think he used to fight at 106lbs, he must have been ver dehydrated.

Comment

Since he fought in the American soil, he has never been Kocked Down or Out. The Barerra 1 was a clear out-balanced slip.

If he improved his chin because of Roach then let's see if Amir can show us the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by sikwate View Post
          Since he fought in the American soil, he has never been Kocked Down or Out. The Barerra 1 was a clear out-balanced slip.

If he improved his chin because of Roach then let's see if Amir can show us the same thing.
          agapito knocked him down with a shot to the nuts and the thigh combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit-Punches View Post
            Manny's chin is made of iron these days and he's getting hit by bigger guys than when he got KO'd very early in his career. I know the weight he's put on had alot to do with it but can you "re-develop" a chin after getting KO'd?
            I heard that if you exercise your neck and jaw muscles you can toughen your chin. A strong neck while you are biting down on your mouthpiece harder can supposedly increase your KO resistance.

It seems realistic to me. If you get hit while slack jawed you have more of a chance to be knocked out because your jaw apparently presses on some nerve when that happens.

Comment

in dehydrating down to make the lower weight he depleted his cerebrospinal fluid, causing more brain damage due to a lack of fluid to help absorb force and cushion the impact of the brain against the skull wall.

Comment

You can have your chin operated on so it can be a little bit sturdy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit-Punches View Post
                  pac had trouble making weight and both tKOs came from bodyshots if i remember correctly.

Comment

Working...
                  X