Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can AB Still be great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think he will be a ATG. Not talented enough, not skilled enough. When you look at Adrien Broner, you see he has fast hands... the story ends there. There's too many parts of his game that needs to be improved and I don't see it happening.

He has to beat a great fighter to make a believer out of me, and I don't see it happening. Fighting the theophane's of the world won't change anyone's opinion of him.

Comment

Why do NSB goons not give AB credit. Check the official Broner vs Khabib thread. People were hoping for Broner to get KO'd and said Khabib was no joke and he got robbed by Vargas blah blah etc... then Broner wins and the same goons disappear or say the fight was easy against the former Champ Khabib. Councils have many rights to favor former champs for eligible title fights, especially if the fighters contending are in top 5.

Broner needs more fights regardless and hopefully finalize at 154 one day for a new title. As a boxing fan the better the record and achievements the better the sport.

Comment

He was never great to begin with.

Comment

the american writers love to reward hype, just so they don't look like complete bellends for being wrong all the time, so he'll make it to the HOF...that ****'s so bastardized already.

He is a flat track bully with 0 skills though.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
            HOF yes, ATG no.

He needs a new trainer if he wants anything to go his way though.
            Pretty much this. He needs to just stop with all this shoulder roll, defensive ****. Kid is blessed with offensive tools if he would just let his hands go, and he would be a handful for anyone if he did that. A perfect fit for Broner would be John David Jackson. All offense, all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
              Pretty much this. He needs to just stop with all this shoulder roll, defensive ****. Kid is blessed with offensive tools if he would just let his hands go, and he would be a handful for anyone if he did that. A perfect fit for Broner would be John David Jackson. All offense, all the time.
              Or Virgil Hunter. Meaning he boosts up his defensive game and gets less touched and just scores points. I see Broner and Berto having very similar traits obviously mimicking Floyd. However, I see Broner with more flexibility in combinations whereas Berto just reacts on single power shot counters.

But I've been saying for 2 years, I'd love to see Berto vs Broner! It's a Money May acting fest

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
                Because he simply isn't that talented or skilled to be a great fighter. His technical skill level isn't overly impressive and his physical gifts aren't enough to make up for the technical flaws. He has quick hands, decent power, but is flat footed and his defensive reflexes aren't fast.

He's won titles in multiple divisions, but that just reflects how much titles mean less nowadays with its 4+ titles per division, and also the connections he had through Al Haymon. How many top fighters has he actually beaten?

He could be doing more and he does have some talent, but he's not exactly in the Michael Nunn, Hector Camacho school of underachievers. They were extremely talented and terrific fighters at one point. Broner is moderately talented.
                I totally agree with your post.

If he could realize the truth of what you posted and look at his alternative ways of paying (or attempting to pay) for the upbringing of his umpteen kids (gay ****, welfare or some Mc Job), then he might quit thinking he's owed something and be motivated to put his all into boxing, in which case, with his moderate (at this level of the sport) talent, his heart (which he has displayed at times) and his connections, he might yet accomplish noteworthy things.

Like I said, he's gotta' get his head right.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                  Simply put, he's not disciplined enough. He has the tools, yes, but lacks the determination. He does have heart and a good chin, gotta give him that.
                  This sums up my stance.

I think he could change this outcome, but than again when you lack focus & discipline the reality is usually you got them or you don't. You can't plant a seed to grow them in your mid 20's when you're at the level he's at.

Comment

Working...
                  X