No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi-Senchenko Agreement is Very Close For April

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Malignaggi-Senchenko Agreement is Very Close For April

Former champion Paulie Malignaggi (30-4, 6KOs) has advised BoxingScene.com that a "deal is close" to take on WBA welterweight king Vyacheslav Senchenko (32-0, 21KOs) on April 29th at the Donbass-Arena in Ukraine.

[Click Here To Read More]

Strange... per Dan Rafael, the deal fell apart because of traveling expenses (for Paulie to Ukraine in first class vs. coach), do to training expenses not being covered and the fight being in Ukraine all together.

Comment

Very risky fight for Paulie. He likely wont be able to stop Senchenko so he will have to win by decision in the champ's hometown. If he does deserve to win they will likely rob him.

Comment

Originally posted by Brockton Lip View Post
        Very risky fight for Paulie. He likely wont be able to stop Senchenko so he will have to win by decision in the champ's hometown. If he does deserve to win they will likely rob him.
        I can't remember single visiting fighter ever being robbed in Ukraine.

I thought the home Ukrainian boxer Stanyslav Kashtanov clearly deserved a decision win over Karoly Balzsay for the WBA "world" super middleweight title, but the local judges were too kind and gave the visiting Balzsay a SD win.

Malignaggi will get the decision win if he deserves it, and Senchenko will get the decision if he deserves it.

I just hope there won't be the usual crying about a "robbery" from people who didn't even see the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Brockton Lip View Post
          If the Ukraine is anything like Germany than its a very real possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            I can't remember single visiting fighter ever being robbed in Ukraine.

I thought the home Ukrainian boxer Stanyslav Kashtanov clearly deserved a decision win over Karoly Balzsay for the WBA "world" super middleweight title, but the local judges were too kind and gave the visiting Balzsay a SD win.

Malignaggi will get the decision win if he deserves it, and Senchenko will get the decision if he deserves it.

I just hope there won't be the usual crying about a "robbery" from people who didn't even see the fight.
            I thought Willy Blain got robbed against Serhiy Fedchenko when they fought in Ukraine and some felt Corley edged Fedchenko. Apart from those, I ain't heard of too many robberies in Ukraine. Lets just hope this fight won't be like that.

Comment

Working...
            X