Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Credit SHould Be Given To Guys Like Matthysse and Maidana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maidana is a dirty fighter, no credit for that. When you have to rely on dirty fighting to win a match you must have no confidence of winning a boxing match within the rules, so f him. Matthysse got beat because as usual with brawlers, once you have someone who can take their punch, they have no other options in their match, cause making an adjustment is not an option because they've relied on just their power and they have no experience in having to adapt. this is why these types lose to actual "boxers". But Matthysse is a step above the traditional come forward brawlers cause he appears to have some boxing ability.

Comment

People on NSB only know two styles; come forward mindless brawler and cowardly runner boxer.

Comment

Op fighting hard to prove Lucas isn't a face first brawler lol. It's ok bro

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          People on NSB only know two styles; come forward mindless brawler and cowardly runner boxer.
          This............

Comment

Originally posted by Akuza Da Root View Post
            Matthyse and Maidana are in my opinion as OP stated more than one dimensional. They both employ jabs, feints, head movement, great foot position and a lot more people over look for some reason. Matthyse could had made that John Molina fight a lot easier but I think he wanted to make a statement. Maidana showed major skills and dimension to his game leading up to the Mayweather fight and showed an excellent jab when fighting Mayweather to recover or slow Mayweather's body attack.

I disagree Maidana in my opinion won only 3 rounds at the most in his last fight. I am also counting his dirty shots in my assessment. He was hurt a couple times by Mayweather's body attack and had his head snapped back throughout the fight. Also the clinches he employed on Mayweather to hold him to get off shots were countered with short uppercuts, nothing he did was effective besides a beautiful jab and a cut from a clash of heads.
            matthysse also was coming off his longest layoff of his entire career (over 7 months between fights)

I'm hoping to see him in the ring in a month or two, and hoping the rumors were true that he'll be getting a title shot in his next fight or the fight after that

dude is a good boxer, he might wanna consider moving to a more respected trainer but I doubt it happens, he seems pretty loyal

Comment

I appreciate Golovkin more regardless of his lackluster run so far, far more methodical than the two. As for Matthysse, it's like I think less and less of him as he performs, not that I ever bought into the hype.

Comment

I think very highly of Mathysse and after Maidanas last performance where imo, he looked as good as he ever has in every facet of his game, I now think very highly of him too.

HOWEVER, in a one dimensional slug-fest I would still favor Pfobodnikov to take both their heads off.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  Op fighting hard to prove Lucas isn't a face first brawler lol. It's ok bro
                  What gives you the impression that Lucas is a face-first brawler in the 1st place? Give me an example...a fight, anything.

Comment

I think Matthysse and Maidana get the perfect amount of credit. At one point, Matthysse was almost being overrated so how can you say he doesnt get credit or enough credit!?

Comment

Originally posted by MRCHOKEaMF View Post
                      Maidana is a dirty fighter, no credit for that. When you have to rely on dirty fighting to win a match you must have no confidence of winning a boxing match within the rules, so f him. Matthysse got beat because as usual with brawlers, once you have someone who can take their punch, they have no other options in their match, cause making an adjustment is not an option because they've relied on just their power and they have no experience in having to adapt. this is why these types lose to actual "boxers". But Matthysse is a step above the traditional come forward brawlers cause he appears to have some boxing ability.
                      Mayweather is hard to hit, Maidana is trying to hit a moving target. Thus punches don't land flush in the spots he wants them to. He already punches awkward to begin with. What is so dirty about that?

Comment

Working...
                      X