No announcement yet.

David Lemieux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Lemieux

Returns on October 12th against an 11-1 Mexican fella named Alvaro Gaona.

I know that Lemieux ain't popular with some but I like the kid. I think he learnt more from his two losses than his previous 25 wins.

He's not 24 til later this year so still plenty of time for him to be a part of the world scene - even if he doesn't become a Champion.

He does remind me a little of Nigel Benn though who had a similar record before running into Michael Watson.

I ain't saying he's as good as Benn (or anything close) just that a loss or two can make a fighter rather than break him - if he heeds the lessons.

Hopefully he can crack on & 2013 is his coming out year.

That right is on the undercard of the Adonis Stevenson & Don George bout which should be a ****ing war.

On the undercard below that is another guy I thought was going to be half decent, John O'Donnell, the Paddy Londoner. He's still only 26 but needs to fight often with only 2 bouts in the last 2 years.

Comment

from what I have read from his former trainer, Lemieux suffers a bit of the Chavez Jr syndrome. He likes to party it up and puts his career second. Russ even got Lemieux to train with Sergio Martinez, in the hope Sergio's work ethic and professionalism would rub off on Lemieux, but I guess it didn't. Lemieux's former second hand in the corner is now his full trainer. We will see if he can turn David around.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
        from what I have read from his former trainer, Lemieux suffers a bit of the Chavez Jr syndrome. He likes to party it up and puts his career second. Russ even got Lemieux to train with Sergio Martinez, in the hope Sergio's work ethic and professionalism would rub off on Lemieux, but I guess it didn't. Lemieux's former second hand in the corner is now his full trainer. We will see if he can turn David around.
        They need to ship that kid off to train with Robert Garica or somethin. The talent is there.

Comment

Thanks Lads,

Didn't know about his lax training. I suppose being a 21 year old kid (as he was when he was flying) who's gaining fame in a sports mad area is bound to turn your head.

Hopefully the losses have humbled him enough to buckle down.

No shame in losing to Rubio but the way Alcine clowned him when every other decent fighter gets Alcine out of there must hurt.

Best of luck to him.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            They need to ship that kid off to train with Robert Garica or somethin. The talent is there.
            Yes he has tons of talent, but obviously too many distractions. Sending him off to Garcia would do him a lot of good

He has a good offensive game, but also got to the point of just trying for that knockout, instead of winning. It would fall out of ideas after 3 or so rounds and start to unravel. His trainer needs to train him physically and mentally for 12 round fights. You cannot knock everyone out. Rubio covered up and waited for him to blow his load and then came on to him later. Every opponent he faces now will try the same instead of trying to trade with him.

Comment

Working...
            X