Did Mayweather "cook" Ricky Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
    I wouldn't say "worried".

Floyd was fully confident that he would be able to punish and wear Hatton out throughout the course of the fight, eventually knocking him out, and that's exactly what he did.

Sure, he must of had a few butterflies in the stomach moments before the fight, and for the first couple rounds, but I'd be worried for any fighter that didn't have butterflies before a fight. Fighters use the adrenaline from nervousness and transform it into energy.
    Definetely, I agree.

I don't think Hatton is a great, but he has an iron will and when Mayweather fought him- he was at his mental peak. He was a dangerous opponent. Great fighters don't treat world class fighters like Ricky with contempt, otherwise he would wreck their day.

We've seen guys overlook guys before and look awful.

Comment

First Floyd cooked him
      Then he check hooked him
      The ring post was funny
      Best beware when fighting Money

Comment

PBF never hurt DLH. He held back cuz exchangin woulda given DLH his only chance to win. He fought smart and wore hatton down before he startin goin all out. And the shot that finished Hattin was a counter as Hatton was steppin in.

Comment

Originally posted by the preacher View Post
          e didn't fookin cewk nuthin. Where were is pots an pans? Where were is fancy fookin hat and a fooking apron that lewks like a nekkid bird? Fookin nowhere. I agree e fookin battered our ricky but e din't do no fookin cewkin.

lmfao !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeBrew328 View Post
            If you look at Floyd's body language he was very relaxed the whole fight. He consistently landed at will but he never followed up, I think because he was cooking Ricky Hatton so he could knock him out like the way he did. I think he also coasted in the De la Hoya fight too, to an extent because look how many times he hurt DLH bad but stayed back. If you look at other fights he always follows up and knows when to follow up on his shots....like for example, Mitchell, Gatti, Corrales, etc...
            Uh, Mitchell, Gatti and Corrales ain't exactly on De La Chicken's or Fatton's level. Floyd Jr. obviously had respect for Fatton and the guy that recently got his @ss kicked.

Comment

Originally posted by The Preacher View Post
              E didn't fookin cewk nuthin. Where were is pots an pans? Where were is fancy fookin hat and a fooking apron that lewks like a nekkid bird? Fookin nowhere. I agree e fookin battered our Ricky but e din't do no fookin cewkin.
              Hahaha.

Post of the fookin' year.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
                PBF never hurt DLH. He held back cuz exchangin woulda given DLH his only chance to win. He fought smart and wore hatton down before he startin goin all out. And the shot that finished Hattin was a counter as Hatton was steppin in.
                He buckled Oscar, whether Oscar was hurt from the punch or not, his body responded to that right hand when Floyd was against the ropes.

Comment

Am tellin yer now if Floyd tried any cewkin Ricky'd fookin well eat it, the fat fooker.

Comment

PBF knew he had to be patient, take away Hattons game and wait for him to start making mistakes, once he did PBF punished him.

PBF could do that to any fighter, thats why he's the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                      First Floyd cooked him
                      Then he check hooked him
                      The ring post was funny
                      Best beware when fighting Money

Comment

Working...
                      X