No announcement yet.

Fernando Vargas says watching Felix Trinidad fight still pisses him off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fernando Vargas says watching Felix Trinidad fight still pisses him off

I talked to him about this when I visited his gym last year. He was bothered by the fight, and I remember him telling me he'd have a word with Tito if he saw him again. When he told me Tito's punches felt like baseball bats he was swinging his arms emulating the hits while loudly screaming "boom" lol. It was scary watching him explain it.

He was my fav fighter growing up, I used to do the same pose in all photos lol. I love Vargas.

Comment

One of my favorites of all time.
      Hope he succeeds in his training business.

I rewatched that fight last night. Tito was plenty dirty.

Comment

I'm surprised Vargas hasn't had a f#cking heart attack or stroke or something with him burning hot all the time at someone. Dude was mad at Oscar off the slipping in the snow thing for a decade or whatever. Vargas don't make it past 50 years old unless he calm the eff down.

Comment

Pisses him off because Fernando :

1. Stood in front of a puncher

2. Chose to fight a seasoned veteran who had more knockouts than Fernando had professional fights

3. Didn't know how to tie up when hurt

4. Thought that knocking Tito down once was a won all do all do which even lesser opponent's done the same.

5. Thinks that the low blows are the only reason he lost this fight but forgets that one minute into round one (long before low blows ) he was knocked down MULTIPLE TIMES!

6. Has weaker stamina in the later rounds as supposed to Tito getting stronger in the later rounds (hence why Trinidad was always a slow starter and getting knocked down so much in earlier rounds ).

Yup, sounds like Fernando has every right to be pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
            Pisses him off because Fernando :

1. Stood in front of a puncher

2. Chose to fight a seasoned veteran who had more knockouts than Fernando had professional fights

3. Didn't know how to tie up when hurt

4. Thought that knocking Tito down once was a won all do all do which even lesser opponent's done the same.

5. Thinks that the low blows are the only reason he lost this fight but forgets that one minute into round one (long before low blows ) he was knocked down MULTIPLE TIMES!

6. Has weaker stamina in the later rounds as supposed to Tito getting stronger in the later rounds (hence why Trinidad was always a slow starter and getting knocked down so much in earlier rounds ).

Yup, sounds like Fernando has every right to be pissed.
            /End thread

Comment

He gets no sympathy from me.

It was an even playing field, Roids vs Bricks

Comment

This dude is a straight bltch. Take your loss like a real man and move the fuk on.

Comment

Delusional.

So many of these guys (Prince Hamed after the Barrera beating/humilation - Broner after Maidana) have these big excuses after a loss.

Just take the ****ing loss man.

Stop this bull**** Fernando...YOU LOST! Felix wasn't nut punching you repeatedly...and that low blow wasn't ALL that...you could have kept it rolling (yeah easy for me to say) but damn man..this bull**** excuse..stop it.

Man up...you were put in too early and you got ruined.

You always fought angry against your biggest opponent (Trinidad, DeLaHoya, Mosley) and THAT'S why you lost

It hurts to hear your voice now..many blessings to you.

Comment

Not a big fan of Tito's low blows in that fight, but otherwise Tito was simply the better man.

Comment

Working...
                    X