No announcement yet.

Did Hasim Rahman underachieve?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Hasim Rahman underachieve?

That KO vs Lewis was Brutal, in London. A KO to remember, he had a decent record but once he stepped up against the better fighters he mostly lost. e.g Tua, Wladimir, Maskaev etc.

One lucky punch vs Lewis or didn't reach his potential?

He overachieved when he knocked Lewis out. And that was mainly because Lewis didn't take the fight seriously. Rahman sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Martian View Post
      That KO vs Lewis was Brutal, in London. A KO to remember, he had a decent record but once he stepped up against the better fighters he mostly lost. e.g Tua, Wladimir, Maskaev etc.

One lucky punch vs Lewis or didn't reach his potential?
      when Rahman fought Wladimir he was way past his prime, so that doesnt count in my opinion. Maskaev was actually a really good boxer who just happened to have Rahman's number.
      so - Rahman was for real, he is a 2 time world champion and everybody who ever sparred him said he is the hardest hitter they ever faced in the ring.
      btw he fought Tua to a draw once and the first time he got knocked out but he was leading on the scorecards.
      Last edited by Salardo; 12-14-2012, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
        when Rahman fought Wladimir he was way past his prime, so that doesnt count in my opinion. Maskaev was actually a really good boxer who just happened to have Rahman's number.
        so - Rahman was for real, he is a 2 time world champion and everybody who ever sparred him said he is the hardest hitter they ever faced in the ring.
        btw he fought Tua to a draw once and the first time he got knocked out but he was leading on the scorecards.
        Rahman was a heavy hitter, Maskaev was a good boxer but his chin wasnt the greatest you'd thought one hit and lights.

I guess he was more power than technique

Comment

Rahman was for reals. I think he stopped Corrie Sanders too. PRIME Corrie Sanders. Not the over weight shot version Wladimir fought.

Rahman was never going to beat Lewis in a rematch. But you can't hold that against him. Lewis when fully motivated is a top 3 h2h heavyweight and it's very hard to beat someone that skilled and that's also 240 pounds 6'5.

Rahman had his sights on Vitali.. but Vitali cancel fight four times. It's stupid, taht ruined Rahman's career. Vitali should have just cancel once and say 'ok I'm not gonna fight you' instead of giving false hope.

Comment

Working...
          X