No announcement yet.

Who's greater? Froch or Calzaghe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Yes, and so is Carter's win over Griffith. Doesn't automatically make him greater and in this case, doesn't even put him in either of their leagues.

To be honest with you I consider Calzaghe a boarderline HOF'er. As I do with Froch.

I would vote for Calzaghe over Froch though.
    Yeah and so would most of the world (except on these twisted boards). Like I said, one is a HOF'er, one is not. I know you hate Calzaghe . Funny thing is, I'm not a fan of his at all. Overrated as ****. But it's with amusement that I watch how Froch is being overrated as well. He gets credit for having balls. But all this talk about him being great...Lord have mercy.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Yeah and so would most of the world (except on these twisted boards). Like I said, one is a HOF'er, one is not. I know you hate Calzaghe . Funny thing is, I'm not a fan of his at all. Overrated as ****. But it's with amusement that I watch how Froch is being overrated as well. He gets credit for having balls. But all this talk about him being great...Lord have mercy.
      I hate Calzaghe but I may hate Froch a little more.

Hmm, perhaps not. I find Froch amusing and my respect for him has allowed me to warm to him. Something I didn't go through with Calzaghe but ask me this question in 2008-2009 then the answer would be Froch.

Difference is, I respect Froch. I don't respect Calzaghe.

And Froch isn't great. Other than being a SMW great.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I hate Calzaghe but I may hate Froch a little more.

Hmm, perhaps not. I find Froch amusing and my respect for him has allowed me to warm to him. Something I didn't go through with Calzaghe but ask me this question in 2008-2009 then the answer would be Froch.

Difference is, I respect Froch. I don't respect Calzaghe.

And Froch isn't great. Other than being a SMW great.
        LOLOL I love Froch. Ever since the press conference with Taylor. I was very impressed by his calm confidence - and there was one point where he turned to Taylor and pointed his finger and said something to the effect of, "You're going to lose and you know it." And Taylor just sat there nodding his head

Anyway, bottom line is that in spite of my personal feelings toward Froch, I realize that while he's a damn good fighter, he's not a great fighter. And while I think Calzaghe is a clown overrated by his kinsmen, I grudgingly admit that he's great (but not what they make him out to be).

Comment

• When did Joe get into the Hall of Fame?

Comment

• I think JC should be regarded as better, as most think he would not only beat Froch, but is arguably the greatest super middleweight of all time. Things that of course are considered is that JC was harder to beat, cos you arent going to beat him on points and unlikely to ko him.

So this Froch has fought better fighters already than JC and has more on his resume is not the way to look at it. Froch is not arguably the best anything.

Dont get me wrong Froch is one of the best fighters in his weight now and has achieved his latent potential.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                LOLOL I love Froch. Ever since the press conference with Taylor. I was very impressed by his calm confidence - and there was one point where he turned to Taylor and pointed his finger and said something to the effect of, "You're going to lose and you know it." And Taylor just sat there nodding his head

Anyway, bottom line is that in spite of my personal feelings toward Froch, I realize that while he's a damn good fighter, he's not a great fighter. And while I think Calzaghe is a clown overrated by his kinsmen, I grudgingly admit that he's great (but not what they make him out to be).
                I couldn't wait for Taylor to embarrass Froch. Or so I thought.

He was winning the fight but I could see he was fading and fast. At this point in time, I considered him a joke and would have bet big money that he would never, ever be a world Champion. But, his stamina and toughness was all he had going for him and at prevailed.

And I simply cannot agree that Calzaghe is a great fighter.

Comment

Working...
                X