Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The all new, Mayweather/Pac Master Discussion Thread - The fight that will never be.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
    It's about who wants this more. Manny has given in every time instead Floyd has been putting new roadblocks. One is trying to seriously get this fight on by giving in a little while Floyd has offers that everyone except you think that Manny should say yes to right away, now!

Timeframe:
    Floyd said "YOU TAKE THE TEST AND WE HAVE A FIGHT" this was the case until 2012. We heard no new roadblock until 2012. Why? Why is it that once Manny said yes, Floyd puts another roadblock?

Cotto vs Manny:

I never cared for that fight and said so several times. So you are wrong, I didn't blame Cotto.
    As for Manny not agreeing, its because Manny has been saying since prior to Margarito fight that he will go back down to 147 and not go up to 154 because it's just too much for him. See the difference?

BIG DUNN SAYS: FLOYD's I WANT ALL PPV MONEY is a serious offer. This is when we all thought the only issue was drug testing and we all thought that there were no problems with money being 50/50. Unless you are a die-hard Floyd fan, you would say that Floyd is not serious in getting this fight on.

You called Floyd a jerk but at the same time say that he made a serious offer at the beginning of this year. Which one is it?
    Because being a greedy jerk doesn't mean the oFfer isn't serious. I mean we all know floyd is greedy as hell. But we also know floyd relishes beating everyone who people say he can't.

Yeah I see the difference. Manny knew cotto wasn't going below 154 and he wasn't going up to 154. So he tried to buy cotto down to 154. Floyd is buying manny down in money. The only difference is you justify manny.

All I'm saying to you is either ***** when both do it or don't *****. They both are responsible for their own actions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      Because being a greedy jerk doesn't mean the oFfer isn't serious. I mean we all know floyd is greedy as hell. But we also know floyd relishes beating everyone who people say he can't.

Yeah I see the difference. Manny knew cotto wasn't going below 154 and he wasn't going up to 154. So he tried to buy cotto down to 154. Floyd is buying manny down in money. The only difference is you justify manny.

All I'm saying to you is either ***** when both do it or don't *****. They both are responsible for their own actions.

All your examples are flat out incorrect.
      1) Comparing Manny vs Floyd to Floyd vs Oscar (I already stated why)
      2) Comparing Manny vs Floyd to Manny vs Cotto (see below)

Cotto vs Manny:
      You said that Manny knew that Cotto wouldn't go below 154. WRONG!!! Cotto wanted to fight Margarito at 150-151 and then they settled for 153.

You said - Floyd relishes beating everyone who people say he can't:
      - Who are all these people that Floyd beat that they say he couldn't beat?
      - Recently, Martinez is the only one that I can think of that has a great shot but Floyd never tried to make it even if this greedy Floyd offered Martinez 70-30 or 80-20? Is Floyd waiting until Martinez gets "old"?
      - Mosley happened too late as he turned old by then.
      - Oscar couldn't pull the trigger no more.
      - Manny is not the favorite but everyone wants to see it yet Floyd is making it impossible.
      - Margarito was not the favorite: Floyd admitted and gave a weird response that he always knew that he was a cheater and that is why he turned him down years earlier.
      - P.Williams Floyd never said that I want to beat the guy that fighters were avoiding.

So I ask, who are all these people? Baldomir? lol!

How long have you been here? Except for some Floyd fans, everyone else agrees that Floyd's offer translates to:
      "I WANT ALL PPV MONEY" = "I DON'T WANT TO GIVE MANNY A SERIOUS OFFER THAT COULD GIVE HIM THE CHANCE TO SAY YES"

Manny has said that he would take the test , take less money, called him out and called Floyd a chicken/scared. It has reached the point that even Floyd fans can't defend Floyd's actions. Only you and a few die-hard Floyd fans can say that Floyd put a serious offer on the table.

Here is a Floyd fan on ESPN who has changed his mind. He said "Floyd you said all you want to do is give the fans a fight they want to see. Well the fans want to see you fight Manny!"

Floyd is dictating all the terms NOT Manny and Manny has accepted those terms!
      I can't defend Floyd no more!

Last edited by ADP02; 10-21-2012, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
        All your examples are flat out incorrect.
        1) Comparing Manny vs Floyd to Floyd vs Oscar (I already stated why)
        2) Comparing Manny vs Floyd to Manny vs Cotto (see below)

Cotto vs Manny:
        You said that Manny knew that Cotto wouldn't go below 154. WRONG!!! Cotto wanted to fight Margarito at 150-151 and then they settled for 153.

You said - Floyd relishes beating everyone who people say he can't:
        - Who are all these people that Floyd beat that they say he couldn't beat?
        - Recently, Martinez is the only one that I can think of that has a great shot but Floyd never tried to make it even if this greedy Floyd offered Martinez 70-30 or 80-20? Is Floyd waiting until Martinez gets "old"?
        - Mosley happened too late as he turned old by then.
        - Oscar couldn't pull the trigger no more.
        - Manny is not the favorite but everyone wants to see it yet Floyd is making it impossible.
        - Margarito was not the favorite: Floyd admitted and gave a weird response that he always knew that he was a cheater and that is why he turned him down years earlier.
        - P.Williams Floyd never said that I want to beat the guy that fighters were avoiding.

So I ask, who are all these people? Baldomir? lol!

How long have you been here? Except for some Floyd fans, everyone else agrees that Floyd's offer translates to:
        "I WANT ALL PPV MONEY" = "I DON'T WANT TO GIVE MANNY A SERIOUS OFFER THAT COULD GIVE HIM THE CHANCE TO SAY YES"

Manny has said that he would take the test , take less money, called him out and called Floyd a chicken/scared. It has reached the point that even Floyd fans can't defend Floyd's actions. Only you and a few die-hard Floyd fans can say that Floyd put a serious offer on the table.

Here is a Floyd fan on ESPN who has changed his mind. He said "Floyd you said all you want to do is give the fans a fight they want to see. Well the fans want to see you fight Manny!"

Floyd is dictating all the terms NOT Manny and Manny has accepted those terms!
        I can't defend Floyd no more!

There was a lot of time and another fight at 154 after manny fought margarito. Besides what does manny marg fight have to do with cotto manny negotiations? See what I mean as long as manny does it you are fine with it.

Mosley and odh wouldn't fight just like manny. If they all wait to fight floyd out of their primes how do you blame floyd? Manny is gonna end up like mosley_ waited for so long and will make much less had he stepped up initially.

Your logic is again interesting. You say an offer from floyd has to give manny a choice to say yes. ok what is that offer? Manny already said no to the best offer whn it was on the table. Now he is saying offer it now and ill say yes. Why should anyone believe that when he keeps refusing?

As for real offers, manny says ill take 45%. Well floyds minimum is 60/40. So since manny didn't say 40 percent by your logic the offer isn't serious becasue as you said with manny and cotto; floyd already said 60/40. But you have nother double standard.

Like I've said repeatedly stop asking floyd to treat manny special. Manny may be rudolph anbd have a shiny red nose and be in front, but he is still just a reindeer.

Comment

• At the end of the day, the question for Floyd will always be, "Do you want the fight or not?" If you do you do the right thing, not come up with all kinds of silly excuses. Reality now is that the timeline is going against Floyd, in case he's having second thoughts about it -- Pac has a fight in December. His fight next year is already set and he's most likely fighting Rios. Floyd would have to somehow find a way to insert himself in the timeline, beg for the Pac fight and be active in negotiating it if he doesn't want to end up looking like a scared chicken for the rest of his life. And that's the beauty of it for Pac fans. They will have the last laugh even without the fight happening. Hehe...

Last edited by al-Xander; 10-21-2012, 03:11 PM.

Comment

There was a lot of time and another fight at 154 after manny fought margarito. Besides what does manny marg fight have to do with cotto manny negotiations? See what I mean as long as manny does it you are fine with it.

Mosley and odh wouldn't fight just like manny. If they all wait to fight floyd out of their primes how do you blame floyd? Manny is gonna end up like mosley_ waited for so long and will make much less had he stepped up initially.

Your logic is again interesting. You say an offer from floyd has to give manny a choice to say yes. ok what is that offer? Manny already said no to the best offer whn it was on the table. Now he is saying offer it now and ill say yes. Why should anyone believe that when he keeps refusing?

As for real offers, manny says ill take 45%. Well floyds minimum is 60/40. So since manny didn't say 40 percent by your logic the offer isn't serious becasue as you said with manny and cotto; floyd already said 60/40. But you have nother double standard.

Like I've said repeatedly stop asking floyd to treat manny special. Manny may be rudolph anbd have a shiny red nose and be in front, but he is still just a reindeer.
            Not Manny vs Margarito, I meant and said Cotto vs Margarito. Cotto wanted Margarito to go down to 150-151 for a 154 fight. So Manny offered what Cotto was willing to do against Margarito. Like I said, you were incorrect in that comparison!

Funny how you blame everyone but Floyd. Manny was in his prime and you say that he didn't want to fight Floyd? I only heard Floyd Jr, Sr and Roger say, we are not fighting that Manny because it's not possible for him to move up to 147-150 and walk over those big guys. It's never been done before. There are videos of all 3 Mayweathers stating this on many occasions. "I don't want my son fighting Manny".

60/40 offer by Floyd:
            You missed the most important part about that. Ellerbe said at minimum 60/40. In other words, if Manny says yes to 60/40, Floyd can then turn around and ask for 65/35. Then you will turn around and say, why is Manny always saying yes to the old offers and not the one in Floyd's head! lol!

I showed you what reasonable Floyd fans are saying (see ESPN video). There are many and I can respect that .... but to sit there and call "I WANT ALL PPV MONEY" a serious reasonable offer is NOT a CREDIBLE view. That is only said by the die-hard fans that are willing to take a bullet for Floyd! You have just crossed that line today!
            Last edited by ADP02; 10-21-2012, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
              At the end of the day, the question for Floyd will always be, "Do you want the fight or not?" If you do you do the right thing, not come up with all kinds of silly excuses. Reality now is that the timeline is going against Floyd, in case he's having second thoughts about it -- Pac has a fight in December. His fight next year is already set and he's most likely fighting Rios. Floyd would have to somehow find a way to insert himself in the timeline, beg for the Pac fight and be active in negotiating it if he doesn't want to end up looking like a scared chicken for the rest of his life. And that's the beauty of it for Pac fans. They will have the last laugh even without the fight happening. Hehe...

That's the question. Does Floyd want the fight? Manny gave in to drug testing, less money yet these guys are quacking why did he do it on this date instead of another date. Man, do you want to see a fight or discuss a fantasy fight for the rest of your life?

but let's face it, it's all an excuse. Why I say that? Remember when Floyd was calling Manny "Punk fight me" or "TAKE THE TEST AND WE HAVE A FIGHT"? Floyd fans finally had something positive to talk about. Unfortunately, it was just talk by Floyd.

Comment

You guys want floyd to give manny respect that manny has never given his opponents. Its noit going to happen. Manny deserves what a guy who has never sold more than 1.4 mil pppvs gets when he fights a guy who has sold more than 1.5 twice, including 2.4 mil. Mannuy desrves what the number says he does. How much you like him or fotd awards don't factor into that.

. Bit just remember that manny played rough. So why you guys ***** about him getting treated the same is beyond me. Manny isn't special. He's just an opponent.
                Why are you trying to make out Pac is the bad guy with a hard to deal with reputation? Isnt it Floyd with the track record for his casual approach to getting fights made. Has Floyd treated his opponents better than Pac has done you saying, i think you better stop trying to twist things and make things up as you go along? Stop trying to defame Pac, like Floyd does by saying Pac is on PEDS!

Floyd being a pain in the backside to make a fight happen now is nothing new, its a patteren of behaviour he cant shake off. Dont make out Floyd is punishing Pac.....he isnt. He is punishing the public who want to see the fight. Pac has said he wants the fight cos the public want it and his son wants him to spank FLoyd.
                Pac dont need Floyd, Floyd needs Pac for credibility regards his career.

Pac isnt just an opponent. He is the best opponent Floyd ever faced. People want to see the fight and they also want to see Pac so why dont Pac deserve the money? Floyd also said he came out of retirment to fight Pac so why is he putting barriers up still? Again, we know its Floyd holding up the fight. You know that as well, so why you still digging a bigger hole for yourself.
                Last edited by hugh grant; 10-22-2012, 04:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  Why are you trying to make out Pac is the bad guy with a hard to deal with reputation? Isnt it Floyd with the track record for his casual approach to getting fights made. Has Floyd treated his opponents better than Pac has done you saying, i think you better stop trying to twist things and make things up as you go along? Stop trying to defame Pac, like Floyd does by saying Pac is on PEDS!

Floyd being a pain in the backside to make a fight happen now is nothing new, its a patteren of behaviour he cant shake off. Dont make out Floyd is punishing Pac.....he isnt. He is punishing the public who want to see the fight. Pac has said he wants the fight cos the public want it and his son wants him to spank FLoyd.
                  Pac dont need Floyd, Floyd needs Pac for credibility regards his career.

Pac isnt just an opponent. He is the best opponent Floyd ever faced. People want to see the fight and they also want to see Pac so why dont Pac deserve the money? Floyd also said he came out of retirment to fight Pac so why is he putting barriers up still? Again, we know its Floyd holding up the fight. You know that as well, so why you still digging a bigger hole for yourself.
                  Are you serious?Mannys fights with Oscar Hatton and Cotto nearly all failed in negotiations due to Mannys greed.Manny is the only fighter Floyd has had problems with to get the fight done!
                  It's really getting pathetic now how Manny is defending when the truth is they don't want to fight Mayweather.Arum dangled the carrot saying April next year they will fight Floyd but now he is on about Rios!
                  Mark my words Mayweather us waiting to see if Pacquiao wins in December.If he does Floyd will try make the fight and Manny and his team will find another way out!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rk16 View Post
                    Are you serious?Mannys fights with Oscar Hatton and Cotto nearly all failed in negotiations due to Mannys greed.Manny is the only fighter Floyd has had problems with to get the fight done!
                    It's really getting pathetic now how Manny is defending when the truth is they don't want to fight Mayweather.Arum dangled the carrot saying April next year they will fight Floyd but now he is on about Rios!
                    Mark my words Mayweather us waiting to see if Pacquiao wins in December.If he does Floyd will try make the fight and Manny and his team will find another way out!
                    Nearly all failed?

Were you there during negotiations? No!

Those are negotiations so there are sometimes bumps in the road but the important thing is that they all fought without having to wait 3+ years to happen.

Try again!

Comment

• Everyone knows Manny cannot beat Floyd with or without a drug test.

End of story.

Comment

Working...
                      X