Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tomorrow marks the anniversary of one of the greatest Roy Jones KOs...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    i bought jones - hopkins 2. i'm partially responsible for jones thinking he's still got it / is still in the mix for title shots.
    You're a sick man. A sick, sick man.

Comment

The amazing thing about Royston Jones is that if you said to anyone under the age of twenty who only watched live boxing that Royston used to be one of the best boxers you'd seen (when fighting traffic wardens) they wouldn't believe you.

"Do the freakin' math". Okay, he DID look good against some overmatched opponents recently, but his last real peak was against John Ruiz (please don't tell me that getting battered against the ropes by Tarver in their first bout and scraping a decision was a career peak).

That was in March 2003. 11 years ago now. You'd have to be at least, say, seven, to even understand what was going on.

Comment

The amazing thing about Royston Jones is that if you said to anyone under the age of twenty who only watched live boxing that Royston used to be one of the best boxers you'd seen (when fighting traffic wardens) they wouldn't believe you.

"Do the freakin' math". Okay, he DID look good against some overmatched opponents recently, but his last real peak was against John Ruiz (please don't tell me that getting battered against the ropes by Tarver in their first bout and scraping a decision was a career peak).

That was in March 2003. 11 years ago now. You'd have to be at least, say, seven, to even understand what was going on.

Comment

I don't follow boxing as religiously as I did a few years ago, but I hadn't realised that not only did the 26th mark the tenth anniversary of his worst KO loss, but he also FOUGHT on that day.

He beat highly-regarded Harry Atiyo for the prestigious World Boxing Union (German Version) cruiserweight title.

Seriously, does even Roy Jones's mum know when he fights these days? I bet even The Reed (TM) couldn't maintain a hard on for it.

(Mom, Fat Yanks)

Comment

I want to see him get a contender soon. I want to see him get Danny Green'd. **** was hilarious.

Or Lebedev'd.

(Hi, Kev)

Comment

Poor RJJ. He isn't long for this Earth

Comment

Working...
              X