No announcement yet.

Sergio Matrinez Record is Soooo Heavily Padded

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    why would anyone want sergio to fight dzinziruk? they weren't even in the same division and no one cared about dzinziruk. that was a cherry pick extraordinaire.
    What? Lol HBO and boxing fans were forcing Martinez to fight Dzinzuruk and not duck him. People forget easily and want to change what actually happened.

It's just a bizarre situation where fans want a fight, then the fight happens, but then they say they never wanted it.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
      chavez jr. is also very midcore. in fact chavez jr. only notable win is against andy freaking lee.
      Still like Jr. in a rematch.

Comment

a padded record is when you could make big fights but choose not to, like JCCjr. but when you are looking for big fights but nobody wants to fight you so you end up taking on the best oposition possible, that isnt padding your record.

martinez wanted big fights for years before he got them, lots of soft foes on his record for sure but not by choice. his resume isnt that great but i still rate him highly based on ability, in the tough fights he has had hes shown tremendous ability.

Comment

Nobody wants to fight Sergio.He called out everyone back then,nobody wanted to fight him so he fought who was available.He called out Floyd for a while now.Called out Jr. and that fight too a long time to take place before it finally happened.

Comment

Martinez: I will knock Dzinzzuruk out.

I don't know about all that. I think, style-wise, Dzinziruk will give him a little more trouble than Williams. He's more technically sound. However, I still give Martinez the edge. Dzinziruk is a little too mechanical. Will be interesting to see how he adjusts.
            no KO in this fight, it's going to suck
            Martinez will win UD in boring fashion
            this is a great matchup. i think martinez will win but i wouldnt be very surprised if dzinziruk managed to beat him, hes a very capable fighter and he knows this is the biggest chance of his life.
            sergio better not overlook dizinziruk or he may get schooled.
            Doubt it, this one is going the full 12.
            I don't know bout a KO,Dzinziruk is very sound this fight might be harder then most think..
            A lot of people thought this fight would be competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              What? Lol HBO and boxing fans were forcing Martinez to fight Dzinzuruk and not duck him. People forget easily and want to change what actually happened.

It's just a bizarre situation where fans want a fight, then the fight happens, but then they say they never wanted it.
              Nobody know who Dzinzurik was until they booked the fight

Comment

no boxing fan wanted that fight. yes hbo wanted it because they promised dzinziruk 2 fights in order to make bradley-alexander. boxing fans wanted him to fight pirog who was a beltholder at 160 and just came off a devastating win. dzinziruk was never a legit opponent for martinez. he just happened to be the only guy martinez would fight and hbo would approve. no one was saying sergio was ducking an unknown guy not even in his division. some people pretended it was a good fight after it was made but as roger says "they don't know sh-it about boxing!"

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Nobody know who Dzinzurik was until they booked the fight
                  The hardcore fans knew enough to respect him and call it a good hardcore boxing fans fight.

You also knew him well enough to make bets on him beating Sergio.

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Hmmm i already have about 120 mil on Dzin so im thinking 75 mil. What kind of odds you offering?

Comment

Martinez: I will knock Dzinzzuruk out.

A lot of people thought this fight would be competitive.
                    yes after the fight was made people said a lot of stupid things. some people thought baldomir would trouble floyd. no one wanted this fight before it was made.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      yes after the fight was made people said a lot of stupid things. some people thought baldomir would trouble floyd. no one wanted this fight before it was made.
                      Lol stop changing history, nobody was opposed to Martinez vs Dzinzuruk.

Comment

Working...
                      X