Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fight Night Round 4 getting Hopkins, Holyfield, and Liston

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want Pacquiao being able to play in the lightweight division online.

Comment

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
      I want Pacquiao being able to play in the lightweight division online.
      There are a bunch of guys I would like to see in multiple weight classes. Pernell, Duran, Gatti (for a Gatti/Hatton battle), RJJ, Jermaine Taylor, Shane Mosley...etc quite a few

Comment

got to give ea props on their continued release of dlc. glad to see they're not doing us like valve did the l4d community. although 10$ for three fighters is a little high, i'll let it slide this time.

Comment

Originally posted by POETICDRINK2U View Post
          Brizzo wrote:
          Because I am sure some of you would like some more details:
          Adjusted the locomotion speed at close proximity so that your opponent can no longer trap you with glued feet

This is pretty straightforward. Previously, when the boxers were standing toe-to-toe their locomotion speed was slower than when fighting at a distance. We fixed it so that if you are moving laterally or backwards, your movement speed is a little bit faster. The glued feet effect has been eradicated.

Reduced locomotion speed when throwing punch combos

Part of the glue feet and spammer solution. The boxers do not move as much while punching. Previously, it was too easy to stay in your opponent's chest and keep punching, even when they successfully blocked a punch or two and tried to escape.

Increased the stamina cost when continually punching

Further tuning on the stamina to address punch spamming. When punches are thrown in combination for a certain amount of time the stamina loss increases to approximately 4 times the normal rate and stays that way until the boxer stops punching. The increased stamina loss also takes a few seconds to wear off.

Increased stamina loss when continually weaving

Same as above. If you spam the weave too many times the boxer will get fatigued faster and take a few seconds to recover.

Increased stamina loss for users that spam upper body movement.

As above. Continuous upper-body movement for a prolonged period of time will drastically increase stamina loss. "Spinning" will make a boxer tired quickly for as long as the behavior is maintained and will take a few seconds for normal stamina loss to resume.

Can no longer perform a perfect block when spamming the block.
          Spamming high-low-high-low-high-low on the Block will no longer reward the User with a Perfect Block. Once the Boxer's Block Strength drops below approximately %65, Perfect Blocks will no longer happen.

Increased the stamina cost when continually running away from your opponent.

This was kind of a pre-emptive decision in anticipation of future "cheese" behavior. With the updates we made to locomotion speed, punching and stamina - we wanted to make sure that a boxer couldn't get his track shoes on, non-stop, for 10 straight rounds.

Stamina loss increases when a Boxer moves laterally or backwards continuously for a prolonged period of time. When stamina is low, movement speed is decreased. It's not hard to box, but its not easy to run.

No illegal blows can be thrown by either user when one user is in a stun state.
          Yeah. We are forcing you to be sportsman-like and only throw low blows and headbutts when you are both feeling alright.

Increased stamina cost of Haymakers

Pretty self explanatory. Throwing more than two in a row now will really tire you out.

Tuned punch accuracy when opponents are moving their head.

To be less accurate. Slipping, dodging and weaving is a little more effective. Punches no longer track a moving target the same way they did before. In addition, we increased the default Punch Power setting and decreased the default Counter Window setting.
          Hey POETICDRINK2U,

whats the go with the above? is that some sort of wish list or is it actually happening? if all that stuff comes in it will pretty much get rid of every gripe i have with the game (except i want the same controls as round 3 so you can use buttons and stick). thanks in advance for letting me know

PS oh yeah, and they should have more weight classes

Comment

Originally posted by The Golden Boy View Post
            Hey POETICDRINK2U,

whats the go with the above? is that some sort of wish list or is it actually happening? if all that stuff comes in it will pretty much get rid of every gripe i have with the game (except i want the same controls as round 3 so you can use buttons and stick). thanks in advance for letting me know

PS oh yeah, and they should have more weight classes
            Dude they came out with a patch/add on for the buttons a long time ago.

Comment

**** paying for stuff i should of gotten with the original purchase of the ****ing game !
              this DLC bull**** is really starting to bust my balls ! im already paying 70$ for a game i dont need to end up paying 100$ in total to enjoy the full experience. wtf is next? payable demos with DLC that get you the full deal ?

Comment

Originally posted by Grapes View Post
                **** paying for stuff i should of gotten with the original purchase of the ****ing game !
                this DLC bull**** is really starting to bust my balls ! im already paying 70$ for a game i dont need to end up paying 100$ in total to enjoy the full experience. wtf is next? payable demos with DLC that get you the full deal ?
                well actually... that's already around.

Comment

Originally posted by Left2body View Post
                  Dude they came out with a patch/add on for the buttons a long time ago.
                  nah thats different dude, with round 3 there was a setting where you could use buttons and TPC. in round 4 if you pick buttons the stick is to block, only way you can throw uppercut is by pressing 2 buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by The Golden Boy View Post
                    nah thats different dude, with round 3 there was a setting where you could use buttons and TPC. in round 4 if you pick buttons the stick is to block, only way you can throw uppercut is by pressing 2 buttons.
                    Ok, wasn't aware of that. What setting number was it. I used Setting 3 in FN3. Its FN4 equivalent is Setting 5. However, after playing with TPC for so long that I actually disliked the buttons and I use TPC.

Comment

pretty sure it was setting 4, maybe 5 but i bout 80% sure it was 4.

Comment

Working...
                      X