No announcement yet.

Thurman vs porter sparring footage from 2012

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    Porter is gonna get knocked out...Mark my words....he will be relentless and walk into something. Thurman wont let him off the hook because a win in style is too important at this stage. Porter is too limited a fighter to beat someone like Thurman, Brook, or even Errol Spence who imo is really a prospect on the cusp on true contender.

Porter's dad is digging him a hole that he cant pull Shawn out of.

Trainers like Sanchez and Porter make you want to see their fighter get their head knocked off because they act like they are some know it all guru but both only have one good fighter on the world stage and neither Porter nor GGG are exactly fighting a whose who of the best fighters at or near their weight.

Im glad birmingham and others let their fighters do the talking.
    Yes he is.

Comment

Good find.....

Comment

Keith was controlling the spar sess quite easily. This is how I expect the actual fight to go, Porter pressuring but getting tagged and turned only to be pumped with a stiff jab. Only difference will be that Shawn is gonna feel those 8oz gloves a lot more than the 20s.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
          I fell out of my bed laughing!!! Phuck you!

Comment

Onetime ko's porter within 2 rounds.

Comment

Thanks for the video. It wasn't exactly a gym war without many punches thrown or landed per round. I thought Porter easily won every round. He took the fight to Thurman and threw and landed more punches and was always the one come forward and making the fight. Thurman mostly ran and held. He didn't throw much or land much. I disagree that Thurman got the best of this sparring session. I think Porter won that particular sparring session and it wasn't even close.

Comment

People talk about how Thurman will be wearing smaller gloves but so will Porter and his punches will count too. Never go by a sparring session. We often don't know who is closer to a scheduled fight and a number of other elements at play. Paul Spadafora owned Mayweather in a sparring session. There are countless examples of sparring showing one fighter having an advantage till the actually fight. All you can go by is how you envision the fight going based on their recent fights. This is a genuine 50/50 fight.

Comment

Working...
                X