Collapse
No announcement yet.

What boxers hit harder than Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tua, think ring magazine had him ranked higher than Tyson when Lewis was to fight him

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
      Foreman
      Shavers
      W.Klitschko
      Lewis
      Definitely not Shavers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayles$ View Post
        Tua, think ring magazine had him ranked higher than Tyson when Lewis was to fight him
        This is the correct answer.

Comment

Foreman. Freight train arm of a jab would have dudes knocked out without him lunging.

for instance against Cooney or Moore. That effortless left jab rocked dude's head back. Usually a boxer has to position himself with some sort of inertia for a straight cross or hook. Foreman did these things effortlessly.

Tyson was an inertia timed heavy hitter.

Comment

There is no doubt that Tyson was heavy handed, but his power was more a combination of speed and power. I don't think he had debilitating power like Foreman, etc. Who could knock out with an arm punch, it was more effortless. Those are the types of guys who I consider the biggest punchers.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
              Foreman. Freight train arm of a jab would have dudes knocked out without him lunging.

for instance against Cooney or Moore. That effortless left jab rocked dude's head back. Usually a boxer has to position himself with some sort of inertia for a straight cross or hook. Foreman did these things effortlessly.

Tyson was an inertia timed heavy hitter.
              snap...lol

Comment

Sonny Liston
                Shavers
                Foreman
                Razor Ruddock(bout a tie or a lil bit under tyson)
                Joe Louis(lil bit under)

Comment

Malinaggi thread ends

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                    There is no doubt that Tyson was heavy handed, but his power was more a combination of speed and power. I don't think he had debilitating power like Foreman, etc. Who could knock out with an arm punch, it was more effortless. Those are the types of guys who I consider the biggest punchers.
                    Punch for punch Tyson delivered more concussive power than just about anyone, including Foreman, and could even knock fighters out with glancing blows as he did Savarese. That his power came partly as a function of his speed should not lessen his standing among elite power punchers. Power is power is power, wherever it comes from.

Comment

Julian jackson

Comment

Working...
                      X