Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the toughest fighter to ever live? Bhop or James Toney?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the toughest fighter to ever live? Bhop or James Toney?

My vote goes for James. Started at 160 or maybe even 154, went to heavy took on everybody, never clinched, never low blowed, never run away from a fight and never got himself disqualified or claimed phantom low blows.

Please vote!
    James Toney
    60.00%
    Bernard Hopkins
    40.00%

I agree with toney. Went up farther and fought tough.

Comment

ive always felt toney was the better fighter despite tonite's outcome

Comment

The only time I saw Toney knocked down was with RJJ and Johnson fight, although I might be wrong. Toney is more talented than BHOP.
        Last edited by VJ218; 11-09-2014, 02:33 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Chuvalo then Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ218 View Post
            The only time I saw Toney knocked down was with RJJ and Johnson fight, although I might be wrong. Toney is more talented than BHOP.
            he went down against sam peter but it was only because peter stepped on his foot and tripped him.

toney is the toughest fighter ive ever seen

Comment

Originally posted by gratz_the_king View Post
              he went down against sam peter but it was only because peter stepped on his foot and tripped him.

toney is the toughest fighter ive ever seen
              peter did rock him on numerous occasions in that fight tho.anyway,,,,toney was a beast in his prime and much better all around than Hopkins imo

Comment

Neither one is the toughest to ever live.
                Off the top of my head that title could go to jake lamotta, Frazier, Ali, margo Holyfield **** the ass whipping Derrick hall took against Roy jones is worse then any loss these guys ever took. I'm not saying their not tough but come on.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
                  Neither one is the toughest to ever live.
                  Off the top of my head that title could go to jake lamotta, Frazier, Ali, margo Holyfield **** the ass whipping Derrick hall took against Roy jones is worse then any loss these guys ever took. I'm not saying their not tough but come on.
                  This is not even up for debate. This is about as ridiculous as asking who is in better shape. Toney was and still is much tougher than BHop. But he is not the better fighter. He is not the smarter fighter. Toney is too tough for his own good.

If he were even close to as dedicated as Hopkins was he would have been at least a two time heavyweight champ, albeit against average competition.

Comment

The toughest fighters who ever lived are obviously from natural HW stock.

The few that come to mind immediately are...

Marion Wilson
                    Ross Puritty
                    Marius Wach

And possibly others.

Like Oliver McCall, George Foreman, Vitali Klitschko, Lamon Brewster, Riddick Bowe

Smaller guys with a hard chin might include Tomasz Adamek and Evander Holyfield.

Sure B-Hop and Toney have strong beards for their size. Toney's is obviously harder than Bernard's. 2 full fights with Sam Peter, end of that discussion.

Other guys at comparable weight also have hard chins like Provodnikov and GGG who basically walk throw the harderst punchers in their divisions flush shots to land their own power.
                    Last edited by Elroy1; 11-09-2014, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X