No announcement yet.

Better resume Ward or Froch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better resume Ward or Froch?

Ward won H2H . Looked like he was tiring vs Carl late.
    Good lookin win ,
    But how about overall resume?

Froch has a better resume than anyone in boxing

Comment

Froch, he's had some tough fights over the last few years.

Comment

I was ready to call this an absurd question, but it's close.

I'll go with Ward. If you count Dirrell for Froch, Froch does have the better resume.

Comment

Froch: Kessler, Bute, Dirrell, Pascal, Taylor, Abraham, Johnson..

Ward: Bika, Kessler, Abraham, Green, Dawson, Froch..

It's close, but Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Froch: Kessler, Bute, Dirrell, Pascal, Taylor, Abraham, Johnson..

Ward: Bika, Kessler, Abraham, Green, Dawson, Froch..

It's close, but Froch.
            Let me fix that for you:

Ward: Dawson (drained), Froch (prime), Kessler (prime), Abraham (160 midget), Bika, Green, Miranda (shot)

Froch: Kessler (1-1 & less than prime), Bute (KO'd by Andrade), Dirrell (robbery), Pascal (green), Taylor (shot), Abraham (160 midget), Johnson (fossil)

Ward has the more impressive wins and hence the better resume.
            Last edited by BafanaBafana; 10-14-2013, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
              Lt me fix that for you:

Ward: Dawson (drained), Froch (jetlagged), Kessler (headbuttet and clinched), Abraham (already beaten by Froch), Bika, Green, Miranda (shot)

Froch: Kessler (fully fit), Bute (undefeated, ranked #1), Dirrell (undefeated), Pascal (undefeated), Taylor (coming off a good win), Abraham (only beaten once by DQ), Johnson (fossil)

Ward has the more impressive wins and hence the better resume.
              Anyone can do that.

Comment

ward is clearly the better, greater fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Anyone can do that.
                  Except yours are ******ed, Froch being "jetlagged" is a ******ed excuse for losing to Ward and you could say the same thing about Dirrell except he beat Froch's ass and got robbed in Carl Froch's hometown. Who cares if Allan Green got KO'd by Johnson after the Ward fight, that was not relevant to the background of the fight; might as well say Allan Green (dropped Kessler on his ass).

When you really get down to it the only truly meaningful names on Ward's resume are Froch (prime) and Kessler (prime); and they are very good wins. Froch's best two wins are his revenge of Kessler (dropped by a punch drunk bum in his last fight) and the win over Bute (KO'd by a bum).

Comment

I will get Froch the edge only because of the Jermaine Taylor win but it is very close

Ward will end up with the Better Resume though because he is younger and is just entering his PRIME as a fighter while Froch is honestly going into the downside of his career

Ward have potential match ups in the future with Edwin Rodriguez who regardless of what happens in the Ward fight will still go on to have a great future in this sport especially with Al Haymon behind him, also possible match ups in the future with guys like GGG at 168 as well as, Adonis Stevenson and/or Sergey Kovalev at 175

Comment

Working...
                    X