No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury-Cunningham Nearly Finalized For 4/20 at MSG, NBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jocknerd94 View Post
    Good seeing the networks putting on fights again. Don't know how much this will prove of how good Fury is but at least Cunningham is probably getting a good pay day. Cunningham seems like a good guy.
    He is a real good guy.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
      you have revealed yourself as a Liverpudlian in prior posts. while i applaud your bravery in confessing such a stigma, i cannot take your remarks about Tyson seriously.

for "fat Chisora", Fury himself was hardly in his best condition. Chisora offered up no excuses, nor should you do so on his behalf.

for "Kevin Johnson who lost in the Prizefighter tournament", he lost in a three-round fight.

both of those guys are notably better than anything Price has faced up 'til the present moment.

for the "CW who lost his last fight", Chris Byrd was naturally much smaller than Cunningham (won his Olympic medal at 165, fought at LHW just a couple or so years back) and was a legit HW contender for years. your man Haye is a CW, too. Cunningham was absolutely shredded as a cruiser and definitely possesses a frame that can compete at heavyweight. lastly, everybody knows that he should have been awarded the decision in his most recent fight against one of the more well-regarded heavyweight contenders of recent years.

you, sir, are what is known to the youth as a hater. none of your disingenuous words will change the truth that Tyson Fury's resume is superior to David Price's.
      Wow - You are accusing me of being prejudiced? I'm not even mentioning Haye or Price in this thread you brought them into it! Chisora said after the fight that he didn't really train - So that cool with you?! He weighed in at 260lb+ for the fight, whilst his best weight is at least 15lb lower. If your small brain had actually followed the thread, I said other fighters are fighting better opposition than him (mentioned Pulev, Helenius, Povetkin). And I couldn't care less if Haye is really a CW or not - this has nothing to do with him. Kevin Johnson lost against Tor Hamer in the prizefighter tourney - can we agree that ANY other contender would have easily won that fight? He threw about 5 punches per round and was out of breath half way through the fight. I don't really care what you say, because I know a lot of people on here are messaging me everytime I bother replying to one of your silly posts, that you are a racist, been banned multiple times and basically don't know $h!t about boxing. Tyson Fury is ranked number 4 in the division, but he's never beaten a top 15 contender! How is that? You're delusional.
      Last edited by LacedUp; 01-31-2013, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Cunningham does present some genuine stylistic intrigue, though.

and a lot of people didn't think Steve would be able to deal with Adamek's power moving up to HW. i speculated to myself that the move up could actually assist his punch-resistance, and indeed it may have.

could you clarify the similarities you observe between Cunningham and Williams, for my curiosity? is it just the power thing?
        i was a bit hasty in saying they were similar but they both try to win with workrate rather than planting their feet and trying to hurt their opponent

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
          Wow - You are accusing me of being prejudiced? I'm not even mentioning Haye or Price in this thread you brought them into it! Chisora said after the fight that he didn't really train - So that cool with you?! He weighed in at 260lb+ for the fight, whilst his best weight is at least 15lb lower. If your small brain had actually followed the thread, I said other fighters are fighting better opposition than him (mentioned Pulev, Helenius, Povetkin). And I couldn't care less if Haye is really a CW or not - this has nothing to do with him. Kevin Johnson lost against Tor Hamer in the prizefighter tourney - can we agree that ANY other contender would have easily won that fight? He threw about 5 punches per round and was out of breath half way through the fight. I don't really care what you say, because I know a lot of people on here are messaging me everytime I bother replying to one of your silly posts, that you are a racist, been banned multiple times and basically don't know $h!t about boxing. Tyson Fury is ranked number 4 in the division, but he's never beaten a top 15 contender! How is that? You're delusional.
          he said, she said. BattlingNelson is but one person, and a very embittered one at that. you yourself are building yourself quite the reputation as an emotional hothead, but i do not care what others say about you, as i can form my own opinion. i see only recrimination and wilful misconception in your post, Liverpudlian, and little in the way of worthwhile rebuttal.

it is up to Dereck Chisora to take care of his condition, just as it is up to Tyson Fury to take care of his. should Fury have checked in on Chisora's training camp to make sure that his opponent was in good enough shape to face him, while simultaneously handling his own training duties? we can not deduct credit from Fury just because Chisora didn't take him seriously enough. the truth is, neither man was in his tip-top shape. it was a fair fight and an excellent win for Fury at that stage of his development, especially given how Chisora has gone on to perform since.

Haye was mentioned for a specific reason, as was Chris Byrd, with reference to Cunningham having the frame to compete at HW when coupled with his skill-level.

and Johnson's is not a style that really suits the Prizefighter format, a factor that should be taken into account by anyone of rational mind.

i am saddened by your enraged state, but i do not apologize for my words. they have been very fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
            i was a bit hasty in saying they were similar but they both try to win with workrate rather than planting their feet and trying to hurt their opponent
            thanks for clarifying the point you were making.

Comment

oh, deary me. Liverpudlian is more upset than i even realized, judging from a remark deposited in my User CP. hurting people is not my style. i now feel bad enough to tut at myself and deliver a sharp rap on my own knuckles with some sort of hard stick.

Comment

he said, she said. BattlingNelson is but one person, and a very embittered one at that. you yourself are building yourself quite the reputation as an emotional hothead, but i do not care what others say about you, as i can form my own opinion. i see only recrimination and wilful misconception in your post, Liverpudlian, and little in the way of worthwhile rebuttal.

it is up to Dereck Chisora to take care of his condition, just as it is up to Tyson Fury to take care of his. should Fury have checked in on Chisora's training camp to make sure that his opponent was in good enough shape to face him, while simultaneously handling his own training duties? we can not deduct credit from Fury just because Chisora didn't take him seriously enough. the truth is, neither man was in his tip-top shape. it was a fair fight and an excellent win for Fury at that stage of his development, especially given how Chisora has gone on to perform since.

Haye was mentioned for a specific reason, as was Chris Byrd, with reference to Cunningham having the frame to compete at HW when coupled with his skill-level.

and Johnson's is not a style that really suits the Prizefighter format, a factor that should be taken into account by anyone of rational mind.

i am saddened by your enraged state, but i do not apologize for my words. they have been very fair.
                Hothead? What for? I just dislike people thinking that every post I make has some unmentioned reference to Haye/Price. I actually used to quite like Tyson Fury, but the since he gave up his belt to avoid Price - he's been laughable. To say he's above domestic level, but to go and fight Maddalone, Rogan, Pajkic etc is even more so! Saying he has a good resume is just pure lies. You can say what you want but the Chisora that showed up laughing at the scales against Fury is not the same that showed up against Helenius. So yes, I deduct credit from him. Especially because he said he was going to 'kill' Chisora and all that. Man can't punch to save his life. His resume is on par with Price's (after the Thompson fight), he hasn't beaten anyone who anyone would consider a serious challenger. Cunningham has 5 losses on his resume - they came in his last 11 fights. He was a decent CW, and is a lousy HW. To say he's a good opponent just relieves me from accepting your opinion. And so what if I'm from Liverpool? Do you think I find it offensive you refer to me as that? It makes me proud. Tyson Fury is an accident waiting to happen, and as soon as he grows some balls and fights my man Price - he'll be sparked out in a few rounds.

Comment

It's not a fight for a title like Cunningham deserves, but it's still pretty good, he gets to test a popular rising HW.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    It's not a fight for a title like Cunningham deserves, but it's still pretty good, he gets to test a popular rising HW.
                    If Cunningham beats Fury, if Vitali retires, he will be the mandatory for a title shot against the winner of Stiverne-Arreola.

Even if Vitali doesn't retire, a win will put Cunningham in line for the next WBC final eliminator.

So it's a very good opportunity for Steve at this stage in his career.

I hope Cunningham wins, he's a man of better character and a better sport than Fury. He deserves some good luck.

Comment

Tyson will be like a big bully in this fight

Comment

Working...
                      X