Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I told you guys Khan did not deserve to fight Floyd!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    styles make fights

khan would have almost certainly lasted the distance against mayweather. he would have lost, but he would have gone 12 if he didn't completely gas (which he probably wouldnt against a guy who keeps a pace like mayweather,)

garcia was throwing bombs, getting very wide, and selling out to generate power. floyd doesnt fight like that.
    Not like Floyd would go out of his way to stop Khan if he was hurt either.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
      One thing that I suggest is that you Floyd fans need to start looking at the fighter's accomplishments at their respective division before you go ahead and shoot out numbers such as "Berto was #2WW". That was Ortiz's only fight at WW and went life and death with him ... yet he was ready for Floyd?

Also, people here were complaining about Berto's resume for one. Secondly, Ortiz went life and death with Berto. Berto had no defense in that fight .... so Ortiz exposed that and won. If Berto had better defense that could have gone the other way just like last night. Ortiz is now 1-2 in 3 WW fights!!! Ortiz was young enough to have taken a few more fights at WW.

Floyd likes to fight them while they are still wet behind the ears at WW. Khan would have made it 5 of 8!!!!
      People were also saying Pacquiao should fight Berto, instead of Mosley in the Spring of 2011. In September 2011, who should Floyd have fought at that time, other than Ortiz??? Ortiz was coming off a big win where he won a title and instantly became the next best WW after Floyd and Manny.

Using your logic, I guess Pacquiao shouldn't get any credit for the Bradley fight, sicne Bradley only had fought Abregu at 147 and that was it. Right??? Get out of here.

Ricky Hatton was a good fight in December 07'. He had fought a very tough and close fight with Luis Collazo, who was a Top WW when Hatton fought him. And at the time, Hatton was #8 P4P and unbeaten.

And after Ortiz beat Berto, I remember reading threads on here before a joined with fans saying "Pac-Ortiz, that would be a war!!!! Floyd would never fight Ortiz, too much of a risk right now". Of course everyone flipped on that when Floyd signed to fight him.

Comment

Too many people were talking about angel garcias comments. The most incidenary comments throughout the whole promotion was amir khan saying floyd is one the way down I'm on the come up I think I can beat him. Uhh where was lampley reminding him that a professional focuses on winning the fight he's about to have. Or max saying hey its disrespectful to your opponent to be talking about someone else.

Hey amir shut the **** up go back to england and see if you can beat prescott.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          styles make fights

khan would have almost certainly lasted the distance against mayweather. he would have lost, but he would have gone 12 if he didn't completely gas (which he probably wouldnt against a guy who keeps a pace like mayweather,)

garcia was throwing bombs, getting very wide, and selling out to generate power. floyd doesnt fight like that.
          I agree. Doesn't matter now though. Mayweather needs to fight a new opponent (Canelo?) and so does Khan.

Comment

khan throws those fast straight combos n could keep moneymay defensive moneymay does not exchange punches, but khan is too wreckless n not very good defensive, i wanted to see khan vs moneymay is still a good match but it wont sell as, khan needs to build his name back n earned it avenge his lost to garcia later if he can improved

Comment

Lucky Garcia TKO Khan or else health would have come first for Floyd .

Comment

I agreed .... how many times does this WW, named Floyd, fight guys who had little to no experience at WW before we say, this is wrong.

Sure, it happens in boxing but Khan would have made it 5 of Floyd's 8 WW fights against guys with 1 or no WW experience!!!

....... but Floyd fans were already protecting Floyd with comments such as "..... but Khan is bigger than Floyd" ..... WHAT?

I don't get the "deserved" thing. Floyd had no problem fighting a half-dead Sharmba Mitchell or a beat up Zab Judah.

The issue that some Floyd fans hold dear for some reason is money, and it's really a shame Khan lost, because Khan would have been the second biggest money fight out there for Floyd had he won.

Khan-Floyd, revenue all over the place, UK, USA, plenty of ppv's to split.
                Fight would have been massive.

Of course Floyd would win but that's not even the focus.

I mean money has been his focus. I don't get where this deserving stuff comes from. Maybe from us as fans, but not for the people getting paid.

Khan losing sucks for Floyd too if he can't get Packy.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Man, just stop comparing the situation. Ortiz was a good fight to take at the perfect time, even though neither Ortiz or Berto were that good. Khan could have killed Garcia and him fighting Mayweather still wouldn't have been the same. The only way Khan would have been a good option for Floyd is if Khan had looked good against PEDerson.

Ortiz was wet behind the ears at WW and Floyd was smart enough to take advantage of that.

Khan was expected to be the next guy for Floyd. Floyd fans were out protecting him and saying that Khan vs Floyd was a good fight JUST LIKE ORTIZ (... but Ortiz was WW champ and bigger than Floyd), HATTON (... but HATTON was WW champ and bigger than Floyd), MARQUEZ (... but MARQUEZ was #2 P4P).....

Floyd fans were saying in other threads "..... but Khan is bigger than Floyd"

History would have repeated itself and I read enough posts the last couple of days to know that as a fact. Trust me, if Khan vs Floyd was officially on, many who have protected Floyd thus far, would be doing the same with the Khan fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    People were also saying Pacquiao should fight Berto, instead of Mosley in the Spring of 2011. In September 2011, who should Floyd have fought at that time, other than Ortiz??? Ortiz was coming off a big win where he won a title and instantly became the next best WW after Floyd and Manny.

Using your logic, I guess Pacquiao shouldn't get any credit for the Bradley fight, sicne Bradley only had fought Abregu at 147 and that was it. Right??? Get out of here.

Ricky Hatton was a good fight in December 07'. He had fought a very tough and close fight with Luis Collazo, who was a Top WW when Hatton fought him. And at the time, Hatton was #8 P4P and unbeaten.

And after Ortiz beat Berto, I remember reading threads on here before a joined with fans saying "Pac-Ortiz, that would be a war!!!! Floyd would never fight Ortiz, too much of a risk right now". Of course everyone flipped on that when Floyd signed to fight him.
                    Floyd could have fought Manny instead of Ortiz!

Yes, using my logic, it was more of a win win situation for Bradley than Manny. I said this before! If Bradley lost, the question of "Was Bradley ready for WW" was a valid one. If he won, well it answered the question.

Ricky Hatton was a career 140 fighter who tried it out at WW, had an average fight and stepped back down for 2 fights. The reason he came back up is because he had the opportunity to fight Floyd. Just knowing that Hatton stepped back down to fight not once but twice should have given you enough knowledge that Hatton knew where he belonged with his style of fighting ... Hatton knew it would have been harder to use his style against the big boys .... but for you, Hatton was #8 P4P, so that was good enough for you?

While I wasn't one who thought Ortiz should take on a Floyd or Manny so soon, Ortiz against anybody is a good fight. Ortiz vs Floyd, Ortiz vs Manny are going to be good entertaining fights because Ortiz comes out to fight and makes it entertaining .... BUT when you analyze it then the questions about Ortiz should stand out. Ortiz was young enough to take on a few more before taking on a Floyd or Manny.

Comment

Floyd could have fought Manny instead of Ortiz!

Yes, using my logic, it was more of a win win situation for Bradley than Manny. I said this before! If Bradley lost, the question of "Was Bradley ready for WW" was a valid one. If he won, well it answered the question.

Ricky Hatton was a career 140 fighter who tried it out at WW, had an average fight and stepped back down for 2 fights. The reason he came back up is because he had the opportunity to fight Floyd. Just knowing that Hatton stepped back down to fight not once but twice should have given you enough knowledge that Hatton knew where he belonged with his style of fighting ... Hatton knew it would have been harder to use his style against the big boys .... but for you, Hatton was #8 P4P, so that was good enough for you?

While I wasn't one who thought Ortiz should take on a Floyd or Manny so soon, Ortiz against anybody is a good fight. Ortiz vs Floyd, Ortiz vs Manny are going to be good entertaining fights because Ortiz comes out to fight and makes it entertaining .... BUT when you analyze it then the questions about Ortiz should stand out. Ortiz was young enough to take on a few more before taking on a Floyd or Manny.
                      Pac-JMM III was signed literally right after Pac-Mosley man........So who should Floyd have fought???

Floyd tried to fight Hatton at 140 in late 2005, Hatton and his team said no. They fought at 147 in 2007, where Hatton had won a title at, and when Hatton was Top 10 P4P. That was as good a fight as Pac-Bradley was, just with different fighters.

Stop trying to compare things to fit your agenda.

Comment

Working...
                      X