Collapse
No announcement yet.

reggie miller or clyde drexler?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta go with the Cali kid, Reggie Miller. The Glide was nice though. But, I go with Reggie, great shooter, clutch, and Cali made.

Comment

Reggie is one of my all time fav non Lakers.

Good match up, but Reggie was the man when I was growin up.

Comment

I'll take Clyde "The Glide" Drexler, he's a much better all-around player. The only thing Reggie has over Clyde is that he's a better shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
          I would take Drexler. Alot of people might not remember his years with Portland where twice he led Portland to the finals but in his overall career he is in the all time steals top ten and he has collected a couple championship rings later in his career with Houston. Additionally he's a ten time allstar. But with either of these guys you can't go wrong.
          Clyde only has won one championship ring in his career and he won it in Houston in 1994. The first year Houston won the championship was 1993 and Clyde was still playing for Portland that year. He was traded to Houston in 1994 and the Rockets later swept the Orlando Magic in the finals.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTrooper View Post
            Clyde only has won one championship ring in his career and he won it in Houston in 1994. The first year Houston won the championship was 1993 and Clyde was still playing for Portland that year. He was traded to Houston in 1994 and the Rockets later swept the Orlando Magic in the finals.
            Oh I thought he won two with Houston, my mistake.

This still is a good discussion, Clyde's achievements are often overlooked and somewhat forgotten and while both Reggie and Clyde were great, chosing one over the other is not an easy task.

Found this earlier debate on this:
            http://dimemag.com/2009/09/who-was-b...clyde-drexler/

Comment

Cali all day.

Reggie Reggie Reggie!

Comment

i choose clyde...

though miller was better at sinking 3s and game winners, drexler had more in his arsenal... had more physical gifts and more skilled IMO...

and he and his blazers bested magic's showtime lakers in a playoff series (which was a very very difficult thing to pull back then) twice if i remember correctly...

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                  Oh I thought he won two with Houston, my mistake.

This still is a good discussion, Clyde's achievements are often overlooked and somewhat forgotten and while both Reggie and Clyde were great, chosing one over the other is not an easy task.

Found this earlier debate on this:
                  http://dimemag.com/2009/09/who-was-b...clyde-drexler/
                  Clyde Drexler was named one of the NBA's 50 Greatest Players. Being in that elite group just shows how truly talented he was.

Clyde was very underrated back when he played during the Jordan era. Portland is a small market city so his team didn't get much attention from the national media. But he managed to lead the Blazers to the NBA finals in 1990 against the Detroit Pistons and in 1992 against the Chicago Bulls but losing both series.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    People forget that the Pacers were a damn good team that likely would have made the Finals if not for Jordan, and Reggie Miller was definitely the best player on those teams. I'd take Reggie because of his nasty streak.
                    Reggie and the Pacers did make the Finals in 2000. Unfortunately, they lost to Phil Jackson's Lakers.

Comment

Originally posted by klipsch speaker View Post
                      who was the better shooting guard?

legacy wise and...

say you are a team manager who badly needs a shooting guard on your team and these two (prime) were available?

who do you pick?
                      Clyde is the better SG anybody that says its the one-dimensional Miller is stupid Clyde does everything as good or better then Miller other then long range

Comment

Working...
                      X