Collapse
No announcement yet.

will donaire ever be p4p number 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely and 2012 is shaping up to be a great year for donaire since he is fighting early and has maybe 2 to 3 more fights coming up for the year. Peole seem to forget that donaire got sidelined because of promotional
    issues. If he beats nishioka and rigondeaux
    this year then he might very well become
    the P4P #1 before this year is over.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
      Sorry I actually followed real fighters like Trinidad, Morales, Barrera etc. Guys who wanted to face the best on a consistent basis.

Outside of Darchinyan and Montiel, what other eilte fighters has he faced?

Nevermind.....no need to argue. Dude will never be p4p #1 and will forever make excuses such as; fighters ducking him, he can't get fights, I'm having issues with my promoters etc.

Watch, 2-3 years down the road he will be in the same place, career wise, as he is now.
      Dude you do know that is why he tried to leave top rank right? He wanted to fight the best and biggest names out there but arum was shunning him and putting him on undercards against lesser opponents he has a great resume already and if he keeps on going like this he will be the 1 p4p fighter. And this comming from a flip hater.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        lol some serious dislike for donaire I take it.

what elite fighters were there for him to fight that he didn't? Mares???
        while Mares may not be an "elite" fighter, a fight with him Moreno and Agbeko would have been much better and would have proven he was the best at bantamweight, something he said he was going to do. Instead we got a "tuneup" fight with Narvaez who moved up in weight and now were getting another "tuneup" fight with Vazquez Jr.

Comment

I doubt it. Gamboa is a beast. He's the only one that I see that will end Nonito.Mares and Morena fought Vic and they did not destroy Darchinyan and Moreno did not brutalize Sydorenko.Vasquez jnr is a strong boxer we'll see how the move up in weight will effect Donaire.Can he take a punch from a 122 and is he strong at this weight?This is a pick em fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Filo View Post
            I doubt it. Gamboa is a beast. He's the only one that I see that will end Nonito.Mares and Morena fought Vic and they did not destroy Darchinyan and Moreno did not brutalize Sydorenko.Vasquez jnr is a strong boxer we'll see how the move up in weight will effect Donaire.Can he take a punch from a 122 and is he strong at this weight?This is a pick em fight.
            I think Donaire still wins, the guy is still huge for the division and WV2 is not a great boxer. Maybe if Vasquez prepares himself really well he could have a chance, but if he's overconfident as he was against Arce then he's surely going to be KOd.

Comment

Originally posted by elplayapimp View Post
              Dude you do know that is why he tried to leave top rank right? He wanted to fight the best and biggest names out there but arum was shunning him and putting him on undercards against lesser opponents he has a great resume already and if he keeps on going like this he will be the 1 p4p fighter. And this comming from a flip hater.
              Stop it...

Donaire got mad that Arum was trying to setup a fight between him and Moreno.

Donaire wanted to face Vazquez or Steve Molitor, got uspet and claimed Moreno was a nobody....and that's why he wanted to leave Top Rank.

I'm sorry but Moreno>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Vazquez or Molitor.

So basically Arum is wrong for wanted Nonito to face the arguable the best BW?

some of you guys kill me because first it was Shaw, now it's Arum. Did it ever occur that Nonito is the coming denominator in this, and not the promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                he also has some underrated victories...he absolutely destroyed Volodymyr Sydorenko, who gave Anselmo Moreno everything he could possibly handle twice. Hernan Marquez went on to become a champ and of course had a fight of the year candidate with Concepcion.
                Neither of those fights were competitive, either people are running with that or didn't watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
                  Actually I like Donaire and feel he has the talent to be an ATG. I'm actually hoping he gets it together as he could be on the greatest fighters of all time in the lower weight classes.

If only there was a way to plant Darchinyan's heart/mentality into Donaire....then Nonito could have passed Manny and Floyd in the p4p rankings.....or at the very least be right up their in the same breath.
                  There is really no point staying at 118 for Donaire. He can have ATG status fighting at higher weights and at the same time earn lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

We all know there is no money in the lower weights. This is the reason why I think Donaire should be rushing to climb higher weights, and I believe that is exactly what he intends to do. He said he wants to fight at least 3x a year to make up for the lost time.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    i mean seriously how are u in a division as stacked as 118 and the only ppl you beat of note are montiel and sidorenko? and then u move up in weight to a very weak division and your first fight, after a tune up mind u, is another tune up in wv2. who the frik has wv2 beat? and all of this from a guy who has the talent to have already been a 4 or 5 division champ by now. to say hes underachieving is putting it lightly. i honestly dont understand why ppl act like doniare is a prospect. by the age of 29 both mayweather, pacquaio and roy jones were already hofers. is donaire a hofer? is he even close?
                    I feel exactly the same way, not everyone as talented as Donaire gets the luxury of having so many good fighters in or around his weight class. Sadly he's not taking advantage of it.

Comment

I'm a big Donaire fan but Donaire has a really weak resume considering he is a top p4p fighter. I don't know who really is at fault but Top Rank matched up Donaire with a lot of weak opponents.

I have a bad feeling that this trend will continue as Arum wants Donaire to fight Arce to open the new stadium opening in the Philippines. I wouldn't be surprised if the Nishioka fight doesn't pop off even though it would be an in house fight. How long will Arum make us wait for a Donaire vs Juanma Lopez/Gamboa matchup?

Matchups for Donaire I would like to see for the next two years:
                      Nishioka, Rigondeaux/Ramos winner, Juanma Lopez/Salido winner, Gamboa.

Matchups I don't want to see that I fear might actually happen for Donaire for the next two years:
                      Arce, Molitor, Rafael Marquez, 126 tune up.

Arce and Marquez have Mexican fan bases and Molitor has a Canadian fan base. Top Rank might make these matchups for this reason.

I think Donaire has the talent to be an ATG but he needs to step up his competition.

Comment

Working...
                      X