Collapse
No announcement yet.

Una Mas! A fifth fight on the horizon?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Una Mas! A fifth fight on the horizon?

Well, we lost....

First, I would like to say congrats to Rafael Marquez. He's a true warrior and a great champion! I also got to thank GBP and Gary Shaw. It was a great experience leading up to this promotion. And its been a honor to apart of the Vazquez-Marquez fights.

Can't say much about the fight last night. It's self explanatory. Vazquez was easily cut and he couldn't see the punches. The referee stopped it at the right time. In fact, my dad and I were yelling at our corner men to stop the fight.

Vazquez of course was disappointed. And apologized to everyone and broke down a lil bit. But we were there to pick him up. My dad and I love Israel. We are family. But enough is enough. Of course, the warrior in Vazquez wants to fight Marquez again to get his revenge. But I think a TIE is right the decision. Maybe the tie breaker can be settle in a game of futbol? j/k

But seriously, I don't regret a damn thing. Vazquez has given my dad and I so many great memories. We have always dreamt how it would feel to be on that big stage. And Izzy has given us that opportunity.

Israel Vazquez is a true warrior and will forever be a champion. Boxing needs more Israel Vazquez in our sport. He represents our sport well. Humble outside the ring. But a beast inside it.

I've known Izzy for over 10 years. and about ten years ago... We were told to send Izzy back to Mexico, because he was only a club fighter. I think Izzy has proven to the boxing world he is no "club fighter." He's accomplished a lot more than that. He's 3 time world champion, The Ring Champion, Top 5 in the pound for pound list, Emeritus champion, a future Hall of Famer,
    And fought in a few "Fight of the Year" fights!! And with all that. he's always been humble!

The reward has been the journey!

If this is the end, which I'm pretty sure it is! Just know, Vazquez ended it saying "Una Mas" instead of "No Mas"

We are going to let some time go by before we actually sit down with Vazquez. I will keep everyone posted on whats next.

Thank you for the support.

ABNER MARES AND THE UNDERCARD

I thought Abner won that fight. It was close. But I thought he finished it and won it in the championship rounds. Right now Abner Mares should be the IBF champion. But its ok. We will do ur best to get the rematch that he deserves.

I do think Mares stock went up last night. Perez is a beast and Mares hung in there with him. and IMO beat him. But at the end of the day, people now know what about Abner Mares and what he's capable of. This is only the beginning people!!!!

Also congrats to Carlos Molina and Ronny Rios. Both won by UD.

Molina has things he needs to work on. and he knows what those things are. Molina vowed to work on them. I expect him to come back stronger!

Rios is progressing so well! He did a great job for the Majority of the fight. But got sloppy in the end. Great Learning experience!! But he pass another "test" Look out for Ronny Rios! He is slowly making his way up the ladder!

the fight party i went to was pro Izzy and we were very disappointed in how the fight ended

we'd like to see a 5th fight but only if Izzy gets those cuts fixed

please tell Izzy that he gets mad props from his fans in the 818

Comment

True story.

Even though Rafael Marquez was higher on my list of favorite fighters when the first fight with Vazquez was announced,

Israel was a major part of the reason why Vazquez Marquez I was my first live event as an adult. After seeing the Gonzalez and Larios bouts, I knew this was a fighter you didn't want to miss if you had the chance to see.

Thanks for the memories Israel and good luck with your future.

Comment

Don't put him out there. I know a man should be able to earn a living but he is not in any condition to fight any longer. From the start his eye was not healed, he needs a long rest and there is guarantee that his eye will ever heal. Why risk it, especially if it takes almost two years to be healed. Isreal has done enough and doesn't deserve risking his eyesight just to satisfy a fifth fight.

Comment

If Vasquez retires, I will pour a little bit of my Alize on the ground for a great career.

Comment

Working...
          X