Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Myth that Floyd didnt fight Top Welters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course I saw the fight! I'm a boxing fan, I did say victory cause that's what it was. Clottey was a big time fouler back then.

Comment

Bootneck,

Hatton was the WBA champion. And the title of the thread is about him not fighting top welters. He did that! That's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Travdog View Post
        Bootneck,

Hatton was the WBA champion. And the title of the thread is about him not fighting top welters. He did that! That's all.
        hatton was not wba champion at 147 when he fought floyd.

he WAS the wba champion at 147 a year and a half earlier.

floyd fought ricky end of 2007.

those rankings are mid-2006.

ricky was a very good win even at 147 for floyd. ricky was the man at 140. 140 champs and 147 champs should always get together and fight.

that said ricky was not a top ranked welterweight when floyd fought him.

Comment

he was mayweather before. hes gayweather now. thats the diffrence.

Comment

Originally posted by Bootneck View Post
            those rankings were in mid-2006.

ricky left 147 after 1 fight and didn't come back to 147 until he fought floyd a year and a half later.

yeah baldomir was the lineal champion at 147. so was cory spinks and zab judah and ricardo mayorga. those guys were passing the lineal title at 147 around.

judah , baldomir and hatton were good wins at 147.

2 of those guys were top ranked at 147 when floyd fought them at 2006.

that was 2006 though.

it's 2010 now.

you don't fight a couple top 10 guys 1 year and that means you don't have to fight top 10 guys anymore.
            Ok, cool. At that point in time though was he really going to fight Cotto? Mosley declined a fight, nd he was at 154... I dont get your point.

Comment

Working...
            X