Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whitaker vs Pacman @ lightweight (in their lightweight primes!)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously PAc Fans get on my nerves man. Sweat Pea would humiliate pacman.

Comment

• Sweet Pea would pretty much the same thing JMM did except he'd do it better and win an easy decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
        The no Power Whitaker will not discourage Pac. Pac has problem with JMM coz he has Power & an excellent counter Puncher. Whitaker was just an excellent counter puncher & Mover. He was no threat to Pac. Pac is the faster guy so He will catch Sweepee along the way.

This will be the same analysis of mine with Pac against Pep. You have No power, you can't stop the Pac train!!!
        Two misconceptions,

1. "Whitaker doesn't have power"

As if he didn't hurt McGirt, JCC, Hurtado, Roger Mayweather, Tito to the body. Overall Whitaker was a strong guy, he had Chavez, DLH and Tito backing up and he is very experienced on the inside. He has more then enough power to get Pacquiao's respect. Another thing, dashing in against a great counter puncher like Whitaker could be troublesome, Pacquiao can get hurt, believe that.

2. "You need power to beat so and so"

Funny that you named Pep because look at Pep's record, didn't he prove you didn't need power to beat someone, same goes with Nicolino Locche, Meldrick Taylor, Calderon and the list goes on and on. Its freaking ******ed to say that because a fighter doesn't have enough of a certain atribute, he can't beat so and so or go far.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
          The funny thing is that the Oscar that Whitaker fought is faster, bigger, better boxer, stronger and punches harder than any lightweight Pac, or any version at all for that matter. He was prime when he fought Whitaker who was an old man, crack whore.

Oscar couldn't put him down, hurt him, even beat him convincingly. Now, imagine a smaller Pac with less boxing skill that comes forward more and doesn't work behind the jab like Oscar did then.

Honestly, it would be a disaster from round one onward if we're talking about the lightweight version of Whitaker. Sorry Pac-fans, this is one fight he just doesn't have much chance of winning. Not with a lucky punch, not with skill, not with speed.... Whitaker fought guys with much bigger one punch KO power (Tito, DLH, JCV, Chavez) , faster guys (DLH, McGirt) , bigger guys (JCV, McGirt, Roger Mayweather, DLH, Tito, JLR, Hurtado, too many to name) , better boxers (McGirt, DLH) , better pressure fighters (JCC, JLR, JCV, Azumah Nelson).

He just doesn't win this fight. The only punch that Whitaker was sometimes susceptible to was the lead right from a righty. It's the only punch he ever got knocked down with anyway. Pac doesn't have a lead right. As the smart ones already know, Whitaker by UD.
          Just wanted to add those names.

McGirt had underated hand speed, commentators didn't mention that. He did damn good in the 1st/ 2nd fight against Whitaker, really good fighter.

Comment

• Has anyone thought about the Lefty Factor???

How does Pac do against Lefties?

How did Whitaker do against lefties??

Comment

• So far 13 idiots and counting.

Comment

• Originally posted by mangler jr View Post
                I don't see too many Pacquiao fans in this thread.

maybe cause alot of Pac fans never watched a Whitaker fight ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gutz View Post
                  maybe cause alot of Pac fans never watched another boxer fight ...
                  fixed...........

Comment

• Pernell was an overrated midget
                    Manny wud knock this guy out easily

Comment

• Sweat Pea would beat Pacquiao. The only way I could see Pacquiao winning is if the judges mistake missed punches for controlling the fight and score it wrongly.

He'd make Pacquiao look like a fool. For someone as elusive as Pernell I don't think he would have a problem timing and avoiding Pacquiao's punches. I don't see Pacquiao knocking him out either, he went the distance with Trinidad ( granted he lost) when he was passed his prime and imo beat De La Hoya.

Comment

Working...
                      X