when fighters get knocked out like pacman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when fighters get knocked out like pacman

and are involved in wars leading up to a ko loss or a consecutive ko losses

how much time do they need to get away from sparring??

edit... to avoid brain damage and chin wear n tear

Well Duran took a year and a half off after getting beheaded by Hearns and has some success

Comment

I've always felt you should take about a year off, sparring included, after getting KOd like that.

Comment

A year at the very least, if a guy is just coming up and hasn't been in a ton of wars they can come back a lot faster but brain damage is cumulative so a guy that is late in their career that has taken many hard shots already needs to be much more careful.

I am sure a neurologist would say he should never fight again, but they would say you should never box in the first place.

Comment

He could just spar with Paulie

Roach wants him to return in September (as opposed to May-June) so I guess he'd be fairly clued in on when a fighter should come back.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            He could just spar with Paulie

Roach wants him to return in September (as opposed to May-June) so I guess he'd be fairly clued in on when a fighter should come back.
            Of course..Roach wants that regular paycheck,he lost 2 fighters last year(chavez and khan) and needs that money

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
              Of course..Roach wants that regular paycheck,he lost 2 fighters last year(chavez and khan) and needs that money
              lol, you think Roach is man of extravagant tastes?

Roach was actually cautioning against Pacquiao coming back too early, it was your favourite promoter Bob Arum who wanted Pacquiao to return in May - he wants the paycheque.

Comment

Pac actually suffered less damage from that one punch ko than he would if he had fought a full 12 round fight that night. It was a one shot clean ko.

I believe that fighters are suspended from sparring/fightin for 90 days from RSCH's. He can work out but is not allowed to take shots to the head until the suspension is over..........Rockin'

Comment

Really speaking he shouldn't get in the ring again.

1) He has millions.
                  2) He has taken a lot of damage throughout his career.
                  3) He is in his 30s.
                  4) Stepping in the ring is always a risk.

At this stage in the game I really think it is an unnecessary risk for him to take as his legacy is sealed and he has millions in the bank. In terms of ring age he has been around the block and he doesn't have a style that allowed him to escape battles unscarred in addition to that he's at an age where it is naturally difficult for him to recover.

In 20 years time I'd like to see him healthy, making public appearances at big fights and giving interviews for his own documentaries. That can still happen but if he continues fighting on with the same approach the chances of that occurring diminishes.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                    Really speaking he shouldn't get in the ring again.

1) He has millions.
                    2) He has taken a lot of damage throughout his career.
                    3) He is in his 30s.
                    4) Stepping in the ring is always a risk.

At this stage in the game I really think it is an unnecessary risk for him to take as his legacy is sealed and he has millions in the bank. In terms of ring age he has been around the block and he doesn't have a style that allowed him to escape battles unscarred in addition to that he's at an age where it is naturally difficult for him to recover.

In 20 years time I'd like to see him healthy, making public appearances at big fights and giving interviews for his own documentaries. That can still happen but if he continues fighting on with the same approach the chances of that occurring diminishes.
                    Not according to what his mom has said about his money she says the the religious leeches habe sucked him dry

Comment

Working...
                    X