Do i have potential for boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do i have potential for boxing?

Hi all,

I'm vladimir 19 years old (almost 20) i have had about 30-35 street fights in Russia and in the Netherlands have 0 loses. I've always wanted to do boxing when i was little.

Here is my pic, do you think i have potential?

Copy into adres bar

i66.tinypic.com/350kt2v.jpg

No. Anyone who starts talking about their street fights on the internet is an insecure clown and does not have potential for boxing.

Comment

Street fights dont mean **** in boxing. If you really want to see go to a gym and spar with a boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        No. Anyone who starts talking about their street fights on the internet is an insecure clown and does not have potential for boxing.
        Lol I remember Ruben Guerrero talking about being 42-0 in the streets

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
          dude was 0-7 in the ring

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
            Lol, I'll give that cholo a pass.
            I'll admit that I used to think my street fights were some kind of big deal. Then, when I got into jui jitsu and boxing, and got my ass handed to me in my first session of each. It doesn't matter how bad you are on the streets, you are a still a puddle of spit under the foot of a person who trains in the art of fighting. That's when I really dedicated myself to the science of the sport. And, funny enough, when someone gives me shyt I no longer feel the need to get into it with them and prove something. The confidence that power brings can be a sedating thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Lol, I'll give that cholo a pass.
              I'll admit that I used to think my street fights were some kind of big deal. Then, when I got into jui jitsu and boxing, and got my ass handed to me in my first session of each. It doesn't matter how bad you are on the streets, you are a still a puddle of spit under the foot of a person who trains in the art of fighting. That's when I really dedicated myself to the science of the sport. And, funny enough, when someone gives me shyt I no longer feel the need to get into it with them and prove something. The confidence that power brings can be a sedating thing.
              My buddy Kotaro, about 6 ft 1 225, kick ass fighter can be whipped by a homeless guy. In the dojo, he can **** dudes up. He is flexible, powerful, but you can spit in his face on the street and he will walk away quickly.

Comment

Street Fighting and boxing is different. Trust me I have tons of street fights and I knocked dudes out left and right, but boxing is different. When I was a amatuer boxer I took L's to dudes I know I can kill in a street fight but its not a street fight its boxing and I got outboxed.

You can learn to box at a later age but its harder and your chances to be successful is slimmer but can be done look at Maravilla (sergio martinez).

So if its something you really want to do, dedicate you self now for that long ass road cause its a long ass road with no guarantees.

Comment

Well at first i thought no...but after seeing the random picture of you sitting on the couch, i gotta say you could be a world champion.
                  Last edited by Real King Kong; 04-17-2016, 05:34 PM.

Comment

just try. go to a boxing gym near you.

Comment

Working...
                    X