Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outside of the K'bros who has the best Heavyweight resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say Haye.

Career wise he unified the Cruiser Division and took Valuev's title from him. Someone who the Klits strangely didn't fight.

Having said that, if Haye, Povetkin, Adamek etc. are the names we're talking about, the Division is a joke.

Comment

HW Contender Robert Helenius has wins over:

Samuel Peter
      Sergey Liakhovich
      Lamon Brewster
      Derick Chisora

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Huck was a cruiserweight so don't bother counting that, and Byrd was long past his best and hadn't been ranked for a couple of years.

And this is the best resume outside the Klits?
        Quit responding to me.

Comment

james toney, i think he has a chance of beating the klitchkos, i think if he got a shot, and got himself into decent shape he good out box either klitchko for 12 rounds. but i would be fearing for him watching the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by cameronpaul View Post
            james toney, i think he has a chance of beating the klitchkos, i think if he got a shot, and got himself into decent shape he good out box either klitchko for 12 rounds. but i would be fearing for him watching the fight.
            Really?? You think so? Have you watched much boxing over the last 5 years?

As to the thread question:

Kubrat Pulev has a decent resume' as well. He has wins over:

Alexander Ustinov
            Alexander Dimitrenko
            Michael Sprott
            Travis Walker

Comment

Some ok ones so far, still quite uninspiring though. It really bothers me how few of the top guys fight each other before they fight/ negotiate with Klitschko, and they wonder why they get raped at the negotiating table when they havent built a name for themselves? They've just waited around fighting guys they should be beating looking for the k'bros to pluck them out the bunch. Haye was obviously an anomaly due to his Cruiser weight success and popularity in UK.

Perhaps someone can explain it to me, are their promotional divides or some other factor im not looking at?

Dont take this as me bashing the heavys too bad though, i am a fan of many of the fighters, i would just like to see them fight each other and see whos who. Maybe a super 6 elimination tourney could help (fighting for chance to fight Wlad)?

Comment

Originally posted by cameronpaul View Post
                If he was in decent shape hed be fighting Chad Dawson, not the Klitschkos.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  Some ok ones so far, still quite uninspiring though. It really bothers me how few of the top guys fight each other before they fight/ negotiate with Klitschko, and they wonder why they get raped at the negotiating table when they havent built a name for themselves. They've just waited around fighting guys they should be beating looking for the k'bros to pluck them out the bunch. Haye was obviously an anomaly due to his Cruiser weight success and popularity in UK.

Perhaps someone can explain it to me, are their promotional divides or some other factor im not looking at?

Dont take this as me bashing the heavys too bad though, i am a fan of many of the fighters, i would just like to see them fight each other and see whos who. Maybe a super 6 elimination tourney could help (fighting for chance to fight Wlad)?
                  It's a trend in the hw division these days. Take the path of least resistance to a title shot > show up for a payday > then repeat.

Promoters/managers have become experts at risk management. Basically minimize the risk of loss while posturing for a title shot. Recent examples include Marius Wach, Chris Arreola, Alexander Povetkin, Shannon Briggs...

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                    It's a trend in the hw division these days. Take the path of least resistance to a title shot > show up for a payday > then repeat.

Promoters/managers have become experts at risk management. Basically minimize the risk of loss while posturing for a title shot. Recent examples include Marius Wach, Chris Arreola, Alexander Povetkin, Shannon Briggs...
                    ^this... Its very frustrating to see.

There was a thread a little while ago saying that the Heavyweight division could benefit from Wlad taking a year or so out to let the division sort itself out, then taking on the front runner when one emerges (mayweather style). Im inclined to agree. I commend his activity, especially given his age, but his fighting three times a year means there is a constant chance that you could be picked to fight him, so why take any risks?

This could also build real hype to the fight as whichever front runner that emerges would have a fanbase and a few wins to back up the argument that they might actually beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post

Nonsense.

Whom did Pinklon Thomas beat to deserve a shot at Tyson?

Whom did Ken Norton beat to deserve a shot at Ali?

Whom did Oliver McCall beat to deserve a shot at Lewis?

Whom did Mike Weaver beat to deserve a shot at Holmes?

Actually you could even ask whom did Holyfield beat to deserve a shot at Tyson? Losing to Bowe and beating Bobby Czycz?

This is one of the best eras when it comes to worthy challengers. Those to claim otherwise don't know the history of title fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X