No announcement yet.

Matthysse 163 lbs tonight!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
    Taller. He was previously listed at 5'8" then Boxrec changed it.
    This. He was 5'8", then 5'7", now he's 5'5". No idea how tall he really is though, due to all the switching.

If you go by shoulders and not the heads... i'd say donaire is 5'7".. but the top of their heads indicate donaire is in fact 5'5" to a 5'4 1/2 Arce. hard to say, I've seen donaire TOWER over guys as well.

Comment

Taller. He was previously listed at 5'8" then Boxrec changed it.
      No way he's that tall. Arce and Montiel are supposed to be 5'4 and Donaire is barely taller than them.

Narvaez is 5'3 and there's no way there's a 5 inch difference. 3 seems about right.
      Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 01-27-2013, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Matthysse is a medical miracle...

Comment

• WV2 is listed at 5'5" 1/2 and Donaire was taller than him too.

Idk what to tell you

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            163 confirmed. No typo. Could be wearing clothes though.

My mind is blown. How does a guy that short come in at 163, but look exactly the same as before, and be so skinny? Maybe he holds a lot of his weight in his arms, because he has some extra long arms for his size.

Comment

WV2 is listed at 5'5" 1/2 and Donaire was taller than him too.

Idk what to tell you
              I don't see much of a height difference in that picture. At most half an inch. Not gonna complain about boxrec being off by half an inch. More likely is that Arce and Montiel are taller than what they say.
              Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 01-27-2013, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Too many pages to read all, but who really cares if he came in at 163 fight night! Atleast he made weight when it counts, not unprofessional like some other fighters, not saying names!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lovci View Post
                  What are you a troll or something. Are you capable of using basic logic.

Explain how Matthysse, with no apparent physical changes, weighs 10-12 pounds more then he has ever weighed during fight night weigh ins.

Or I guess I could just take it at face value and believe some BS, "UNOFFICIAL" scale even though basic logic points towards it being BS.
                  Im a troll because you dont "think" based on what you saw on your television even though showtime execs have indeed confirmed that he was 163.5.....then yes im a troll.

I still say that your the future of official fighter weights. If you get a 3d television I think you will be able to properly guage fighters Body Mass index as well. The future is bright for you Lovci....very bright.

Comment

WV2 is listed at 5'5" 1/2 and Donaire was taller than him too.

Idk what to tell you
                    Even Merchant talks about how there's barel a height difference betwen Donaire and Vasquez in the the beggining of the first round.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lovci View Post
                      In fact I challenge anyone here to find me another fighter who made the 140 limit and weighed in over 160 on fight.

Because from what people are telling me here, not only has Matthysse never weighed more then low 150's, doesn't pass the look test, but he is the only man to ever make the 140 weight limit and weigh 163+ on fight night.
                      Cotto has, at least twice. Certain of it, will have to find it. I usually keep photos of unofficial weights but I don't have access to my drive from that far back of recorded fights. I'll try to tap into it and update. Cotto was 155 regularly, and had been 160 at least twice. I believe it was the Torres and Malignaggi fights he was 160 on the dot on the unofficial scales. He was close in the Corley fight to, and about 155 for Bailey. I'll update as I find out. I remember De La Hoya looked pretty damn massive at 140 against Darryl Tyson too.

EDIT - Found his Corley unofficial weight. 157, and found an old Picture I have of him vs Bailey. Already you're seeing Cotto is much bigger on the unofficial scales than today's guys. Still doesn't prove he was 160 in the fights I mentioned though, just gotta take my word for it I guess. Shrug.

""It was more difficult than I had planned, but fortunately we were able to get the win," said Cotto, who weighed 157 on HBO's unofficial scales before the fight, compared with 140 for Corley, thus making this a match between a middleweight and a junior welterweight once the opening bell rang."

This is from 06, found this to be hilarious considering the thread title and the circumstances. Exactly the same, no?

Last edited by intoccabile; 01-27-2013, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X