Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious question: Who do you consider as PRIME fighters right this moment??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sergio Martinez
    Carl Froch
    Robert Guerrero (as long as he doesn't get ever better)

Left Donaire off, because who knows how far he's going to take that set of skills.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
      how can you get better and not be prime???thats an oxymoron
      You're must be a moron if you still think Pac is prime....

If you really think Pac is still prime, why don't you make a thread including a poll if Pac is still prime or not.

Comment

-Giovani Segura
        -Miguel Vazquez
        -Nonito Donaire
        -Joseph Agbeko
        -Yohnny Perez
        -Brandon Rios
        -Andre Ward
        -Jean Pascal
        -Sergio Martinez
        -Yuriorkis Gamboa

Comment

I never really use the word "prime".

If anything I looked at it as who is peaking or at the height of their career (absolute best).

Since Morales just fought, I will use him. Against Manny he wasn't at the absolute height of his career or peak (It was 122-126), but was still a top 3 SFW when he fought Manny in the first and second fight. He wasn't shot, but people use the phrase "past prime" to diminish other fighters wins.

While I think it's great to beat guys at their absolute best, it's very hard to get opponents who are at the height of their career. Fighters only fight at most 2-3 times a year, and a lot of the times when you finally do get around to a guy, due to the business/politics of the sport, a good chance will be that they may have put on a sub-par performance, had an excuse come up as to why they weren't at their best, or maybe even gotten beat.

Martinez is in this bout as the Kirkland, Lemuiex and Pirog bouts all looked great a few weaks ago, but know you will have a ton of excuses to discredit future wins over those guys if Sergio faces and beats those guys. Martinez could control that and in just weeks, if not days, those future fights lost a lot of steam.

Comment

Working...
          X