• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug Fischer: "Pac-JMM III is POINTLESS. Pacquiao DESTROYS him now."

from Doug Fischer's fat Friday mailbag
    Posted Dec. 3, 2010 at 01:20am

Originally posted by Doug Fischer
    Marquez was always a long shot to get a third bout with Pacquiao, and I’m kind of glad. I don’t care that he weighed 145 pounds on fight night vs. Katsidis. The fact that he made 134 pounds the day before tells me that extra poundage he put on was just water weight -- not muscle. Marquez is not a welterweight. Period. Marquez is an old, small lightweight. Don’t even call him a junior welterweight. There isn’t a world-class junior welterweight alive who can make 134 pounds without killing himself. Pacquiao would kill himself making 134 pounds. Pacquiao would have to seriously dry out to make 140 pounds. We should all forget about Pacquiao-Marquez III unless Manny decides he wants to go against Freddie Roach and Arum and agree to weigh-in between 140 and 142 pounds. Even then, he’ll have a distinct size and strength advantage over Marquez. I think JMM has given fans enough thrills in hard, grueling fights. I don’t want to see him take any more serious punishment. That’s what a Pacquiao fight equals, in my not-so-humble opinion, punishment.
    http://www.ringtv.com/blog/2572/dougies_friday_mailbag/
    Yes
    63.46%
    No
    25.00%
    Maybe
    11.54%

I disagree, I think JMM just has a style to give Manny issues but not to say Manny can't overcome those issues again.

It would be a punishing fight for JMM but that is the fight he desires and is basically to me his whole reason for being in the sport, I would rather he get punished in one big money fight then have to hang around years and years taking extra punishment, only to take a punishing fight with Manny at a later date.

To me I would just rather get this out of the way sooner rather than later.

Comment

but a mosley vs pac fight isnt pointless??

Comment

Is it just me or is pac n the undisputed king of hypothetical matches?
        It use to be Floyd but now pac can beat everyone and anyone
        wow
        how the tide has turned

Comment

Doug is usually an idiot but i agree somewhat on this.
          At 147, this becomes a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
            My thoughts exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
              Mosley's never been stop in a fight!!! there something there for pac to accomplish.

Comment

exactly what i was thinking. pacquiao stops him now

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
                  Mosley's never been stop in a fight!!! there something there for pac to accomplish.
                  When was the last time JMM got stopped?

Comment

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post
                    from Doug Fischer's fat Friday mailbag
                    Posted Dec. 3, 2010 at 01:20am

http://www.ringtv.com/blog/2572/dougies_friday_mailbag/
                    LMAO, PLEASE! Pacquiao can't box for **** he can't now and he couldn't when he was out boxed by JMM the first two times. All these idiots that think Pac has improved since he last fought JMM are stupid as hell. Yeah Pac has improved his SELECTION of opponents by choosing to fight slow face first forward fighters coming off ass whoppins since his last fight with JMM. If Pac could beat JMM so easily why does his b1tch ass keep running away from him?
                    Last edited by $tate of Mind; 12-03-2010, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X