WBC Light Heavyweight Champion.
    IBF Light Heavyweight Champion.
    IBO Light Heavyweight Champion.

#2 ranked by Ring Magazine at LHW.

Tarver x2
    Johnson
    Adamek
    Harding

Dawson has and did more then enough to warrant a fight with Calzaghe. He isn't Jeff Lacy!

The real fact is - Calzaghe was getting on a bit in boxing years and didn't want to put his legacy at risk against a young, dangerous fighter, so he used the 'He isn't a big enough draw' excuse.

If Calzaghe can fill 50,000 sits in Cardiff fighting Manfredo, then he can sure as hell sell the same fighting someone who was actually fit to share a ring with him and not some joke off a TV show.

Calzaghe didn't want none. END OF!
    At what point did i call Dawson a prospect??

Comment

Let the man stay retired already..

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
        Lmao Dawson, seriously guys i mean c'mon!
        Been sayin' it since people complained about Calzaghe retiring...

Comment

Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
          At what point did i call Dawson a prospect??
          Alright fair enough, you didn't call him a prospect. But Dawson was worthy of a fight with Calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
            Alright fair enough, you didn't call him a prospect. But Dawson was worthy of a fight with Calzaghe.
            Yeah he was, i said myself i would have liked to have seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
              Yeah he was, i said myself i would have liked to have seen it.
              I did too but he let the fans down and decided to fill his pockets instead by fighting Jones which is fair enough because every fighter chases the big payday these days but don't brush off Dawson saying ''He isn't a big enough draw'' - That's bollox!

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
                yea dawson is a worthy fight but joe is already 37 years old has a record of 46-0 if he wanted to retire i don't see the problem especially since i can't see dawson or froch beating him, dawson has stamina issues and any fighter who does not have good stamina can not survive with calzaghe so just let the man be

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
                  yea dawson is a worthy fight but joe is already 37 years old has a record of 46-0 if he wanted to retire i don't see the problem especially since i can't see dawson or froch beating him, dawson has stamina issues and any fighter who does not have good stamina can not survive with calzaghe so just let the man be
                  For what it's worth, i think Calzaghe would beat Dawson also but us saying he could 'do this' and 'do that' to Dawson - I'd rather see Calzaghe go out and do it! I guess we'll never know? Calzaghe's retired.

The point i was making earlier in this thread as regards to a possible Calzaghe - Dawson fight is that Calzaghe didn't fancy it and used the 'He isn't a big enough draw' excuse to justify not fighting Dawson.

Comment

Working...
                  X