No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs Andre Ward Technical Breakdown Analisys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gennady Golovkin vs Andre Ward Technical Breakdown Analisys

I've stated this several times before. I'd love to see this fight happen, and I searched for technical breakdowns of the fight. I stopped by to read this article, which in my opinion is very good an non-bias.

http://pinkjumpsuitboxing.com/andre-...cal-breakdown/

I would love to have in this thread a good portion of objective opinions on this matchup, and no hater/lovers of both sides opinions. I think we all tired of that.

I will try to give my thoughts also.(remember this is MY PERSONAL OPINION)

Footwork

As I stated before(in other threads), I think this is the key in this fight. For me Golovkin has an outstanding ability to cut of the ring and Ward has a just as good footwork to deal with. The one being more efective at it, will dictate the pace.

Jab

We just saw what can Golovkin do with the jab if you allow him to land it. He has a stiff jab and very accurate, to date.
    Ward has an effective jab and lands it at will, he usually sets various traps to land it. If he uses it along with that "jumping force" he is dangerous.

Golovkin is very dangerous here with his power jab and for me he is more consistent with it.

Defense

Ward has displayed a notorious way to dismantle his foe's attack, and for me that is a display of his passive defense. He is no Pernell Whitaker, but he has that "elusiveness" that grants him a very good D.
    On the other part, Golovkin has a decent defense, Shoulder rolling here and there, parring shots (jabs mostly), but his head movement, god is awful.

Ward is the MOFO here, period.

Distance

Ward is known for being a tactical user of the inside fight, is one of his best weapons, and guess what, Golovkin is not very good at this range.

In GGG favor, he is excellent at mid-range, his best punches are thown here, and guess what, this isn't Ward best range(he has a nice mid-range game though).

We can have both ways here:
    A) Tactical/ugly fight, Ward edges it
    B) Rangy/"Brawl" fight, Golovkin edges it

Please, comment

we could also add topics (Ring IQ, Power, etc). You may as well add them in your posts.

And I'm a GGG supporter, and yes I can give an objective opinion.
    Last edited by xhiddenx87; 11-05-2015, 04:49 PM.

Good post. I feel like the referee would have a massive impact on this fight. The outcome could largely depend on whether or not the ref allows for excessive clinching.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      Good post. I feel like the referee would have a massive impact on this fight. The outcome could largely depend on whether or not the ref allows for excessive clinching.
      I agree, if the ref also allows hitting while down.

Comment

There's a reason they are 2 divisions apart. Ward manhandled and out wrestled Froch(who is certainly bigger and stronger than GGG). He threw him around like a rag doll in the ring, GGG's best chance is to keep it at mid range and pray for a ref that penalizes wrestling.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
          I agree, if the ref also allows hitting while down.
          Agreed, since that would happen after Ward is knocked down to the canvas.

Bad reply though, seriously. The referee could end up having a major impact in the fight depending on what they favor. Look at Wlad vs Povetkin for an example of how a fight could be dramatically different with another ref.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            Agreed, since that would happen after Ward is knocked down to the canvas.

Bad reply though, seriously. The referee could end up having a major impact in the fight depending on what they favor. Look at Wlad vs Povetkin for an example of how a fight could be dramatically different with another ref.
            For me the referre should just watch carefully the headbutts, other than that, I can don't bother clinches, specially with GGG he likes to punish his foes when they do that

I think tha if we add another topic on this analisys

Power:

Ward is known for breaking apart opponents rather than destroy them, and Golovkin is known for having huge power punches that are taking toll as the fight goes on.

In this case Golovkin edges it, even at 168.

Comment

i agree with folks saying GGG's best chance is from mid range, coz ward is great at smothering his opponents on the inside and it helps that his the bigger guy and i think GGG is not that effective at phone booth fight despite his swarmer style, need a bit of room to operate and i don't see him outfighting ward on the outside either. abel sanchez knows ward is all wrong for GGG i think

Comment

This should just be moved to fantasy fights. Gg clearly wants no part of ward, and ward isn't gonna move down

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
                  There's a reason they are 2 divisions apart. Ward manhandled and out wrestled Froch(who is certainly bigger and stronger than GGG). He threw him around like a rag doll in the ring, GGG's best chance is to keep it at mid range and pray for a ref that penalizes wrestling.
                  Good post!...esp bout the ref part...

Comment

This isn't a good match up...

Comment

Working...
                    X