Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Lara so overrated on here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safety first Lara is his own demise. Slick fighter that relies just on a 1-2 punch.

He can win fights but it is un excusable to go the full 12 agains Delvin Rodriguez and Freddy Hernandez

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
      According to the judges and the Canelo fanboys, yes. But according to fair people who watched the fight? Nah. Canelo was hitting air. Lara clearly won.
      you mean according to the crying **** stains who think he won

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        The only fighter that Lara had to actually confront was Canelo. I'm not saying people are lining up to face him nor am I fluent in who has ducked Lara, but the only notable guy he didn't get to face from that late 2000-early 2010 class was Kirkland. Lara needs to start knocking off the up-and-comers like Charlos/Andrade.
        Fortunately it's all happening at 154 in the next month. Four of the top six guys are fighting on the one card on the 21st, and Andrade fights Willie Nelson a few weeks later. If there a few good performances and the winners face each other it should be great.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
          Lara's problem is that he consistently fights down to his competition. He has had every opportunity to shine and has yet to deliver (though the Williams fight should have been his stepping stone and he was horrendously robbed instead). He's a tough out for anyone and is guaranteed to make your fighter look bad. He has been given opportunities that Rigo can only dream of and squandered them.
          Hard to argue with this. It's pity to be honest. Maybe they should try to find more aggressive guys for him to face. His fight with Angulo was on of my favourite fights of the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post

^^^this all day, great post

Comment

Look at this loser. He literally follows me around the forum ever since I made him cry and log off that day I was ****ting on his boyfriend Khan.

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
              but you are still here defending your thug idol floyd while hating on anyone who you deem insults Floyd

Are you one of Floyds harem of bytches?
              he beat him because he's black right?
              thats because you love BBC's

Canelo soundly beat Lara
              But Berto vs Floyd aka Junkie Thug vs Super Thug was a success to you.

How my d1ck taste?

Comment

Because he has a really good resume

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
                  Safety first Lara is his own demise. Slick fighter that relies just on a 1-2 punch.

He can win fights but it is un excusable to go the full 12 agains Delvin Rodriguez and Freddy Hernandez
                  That about sums Lara up for me. His corner was pleading with him to take Rodriguez out in between the later rounds of the fight. He has all the ability to KO these guys but he plays it safe -- stays on the outside content to potshot a guy who's ripe for the KO the rest of the fight. Style groupies who are connoisseurs of the sweet science lap it up. Most fans hate it which is why no one goes to his fights and he has trouble getting the big names in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
                    Seriously the guy has not done anything worth the hype..who is his best win?? Trout?..Yes you can say he was robbed against Paul Williams ok cool...but on the biggest stage against Canelo he layed a huge stinking turd...The guy is limited and far from what i would call slick,slick fighters dont get dropped 2 times by a shot slow ass Angulo.

Lara has never impressed me and i don't get why people want to see him get his **** pushed in by GGG. Its a pointless fight against someone who doesnt even fight at 160. So why all the hype over this guy?
                    I remember you making a similar thread about errol spence.....after the algeri fight you changed your tune........

on topic Lara is the goods.........that's why he gets respect here.....but you should also bring up the fact floyd got rocked by a shot done mosley and was almost stopped...... these things happen in fights......it does not matter how great you are everyone has been hurt or dropped man.....

Comment

• Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
                      Because he has a really good resume
                      Why does all these 154 lbers have good resume? Gotta be honest I'm tired of this myth of how good these 154 "resume" are when they're so flawed as fighters. That whole damn division is not some gauntlet. What's even more annoying is reading how good canelo resume is but that's for another thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X