No announcement yet.

the term "mexicutioner" refers more to styles than nationality

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the term "mexicutioner" refers more to styles than nationality

Manny should really be called the "come forward fighter executioner", virtually all the mexicans he beat (he didnt beat JMM) were come forward, offensively minded guys, its just that most mexicans seem to fight like that, that suits manny and thats why hes knocked all those mexicans out

even when a past it morales employed a bit of basic skill on manny it befuddled him, and if JMM had a better chin he would have won both fights undisputedly

these people saying manny will knock floyd out... seem to ignore the fact its a bad style match up for manny, manny is a fast, aggressive southpaw with dynamite in his left and recently he has acquired solid skills, guys who come forward and mix it up like all the mexican dudes hes fought (bar JMM) are made for him, floyd isnt, floyd is a chameleon who can adapt to virtually anything, and hes fast and smart enough not to get drawn into mannys fight

thoughts?
    Yes i agree manny can only really beat come forward guys and floyd is a bad style matchup for him
    66.67%
    No, i disagree with what you've said
    33.33%

suprised no one has replied yet

Comment

Barrera had become more of a patient boxer-puncher than an aggressive attacking fighter by the time he fought Pacquiao.

I don't think Pac beats Mayweather. I guess we'll have to see how he is against JMM, but I don't think PBF will have slipped much from the lay-off. PBF is very adaptable, accurate counter-puncher, throws you off your rhythm, terrific timing and right hand, etc..

In Pac's favor though, Floyd has been more aggressive and hittable against lefties, which can mean more offensive opportunities for Pac. It'll be interesting to see what Floyd does to negate the straight left hand, which Pac lands on seemingly everyone he faces.

Comment

I think Floyd would win, but it will be tough

Floyd will be the fastest fighter Pac has ever faced and he's never fought anyone defensive

Floyd is also a better inside fighter than Pac, he's also far more smarter

Pac is still an ATG no matter what happens though

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
          Barrera had become more of a patient boxer-puncher than an aggressive attacking fighter by the time he fought Pacquiao.

I don't think Pac beats Mayweather. I guess we'll have to see how he is against JMM, but I don't think PBF will have slipped much from the lay-off. PBF is very adaptable, accurate counter-puncher, throws you off your rhythm, terrific timing and right hand, etc..

In Pac's favor though, Floyd has been more aggressive and hittable against lefties, which can mean more offensive opportunities for Pac. It'll be interesting to see what Floyd does to negate the straight left hand, which Pac lands on seemingly everyone he faces.
          I don't think you can fully negate the left, Pac has developed that punch to the maximum

I also feel Pac may eat a lot of straight rights ( Floyd's best punch )

I think Floyd's defence will win him this fight, Pac will land but i think Floyd willl land the cleaner blows Floyd will partially block a lot of Pac's best punches

Comment

I don't think it has **** to do wit his opponents styles. He's been called that cuz he's beaten a lotta fighters that were Mexicans. If he was fightin guys of other nationalities, then obviously, he wouldn't be called the Mexicutioner cuz it would make no sense. No beef wit the thread TS, but the OP is kinda makin sumthin outta nothin imo. As far as the analysis of the style clash wit Mr boat buyer, that is correct.
            Last edited by MANGLER; 05-26-2009, 06:16 AM.

Comment

ye i see what you mean TS,it will definitly be an excuse if/when pacquiao fights mayweather for the pachuggers

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
                I don't think it has **** to do wit his opponents styles. He's been called that cuz he's beaten a lotta fighters that were Mexicans. If he was fightin guys of other nationalities, then obviously, he wouldn't be called the Mexicutioner cuz it would make no sense. No beef wit the thread TS, but the OP is kinda makin sumthin outta nothin imo. As far as the analysis of the style clash wit Mr boat buyer, that is correct.
                yeah i know im just pointing out that all the mexicans he beat were stand and trade guys, its just an observation

Comment

the thing is, Barrera, Morales and Marquez are all very, very skillful fighters

it's not like he's only faced crude, predictable fighters like Hatton

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
                    the thing is, Barrera, Morales and Marquez are all very, very skillful fighters

it's not like he's only faced crude, predictable fighters like Hatton
                    they are, but barrera and morales, especially morales, often abandoned their skills and ability and got drawn into wars

marquez also likes to trade and can be quite easy to hit on occasion

and they all like to mainly come forward, with the exception of marquez, and look how much trouble marquez gave manny, if he had a better chin he would have won clearly both times

Comment

Working...
                    X